Sponsored

Remote Start with UConnect App Only?

jjarrell13us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Ok, probably a dumb question. I didn't order the remote start package for my (hopefully) soon to be delivered rubicon, but I've seen some posts that indicate that you can remote start using the UConnect app on your phone. Do you have to have the remote start package for this to work, or would just having the app alone allow the remote start?
Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I'm pretty sure you need the remote start feature to allow starting with your phone app via Uconnect.

NewRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
B3C7C5F1-5A15-4533-A1C7-D849B908F800.png
Yeah, I had the same thought when I picked mine up. Without the remote start option UConnect gets you - Lock, Unlock, and honk the horn and flash the lights.

Oatmeal

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Glad to hear this. Advertising just mentions the FOB. Doesn’t say you can use app to unlock from anywhere.

Sponsored

Commo Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Bright White, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Pitch Black
Occupation
Southwestern Bell, US Army Signal Corps
Same issue here. Mopar has a kit for remote start I believe, just not sure if it will integrate with Uconnect and allow remote start via one key fob or by the app. Either way, there are aftermarket kits for $250 that you just press lock 3x on your original key and it runs for 15 minutes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Might have to get the dealership to flash your ECM for uConnect to recognize your Mopar remote start kit, after you install it. Or the dealer might install it before pickup for a small fee...

Commo Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Bright White, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Pitch Black
Occupation
Southwestern Bell, US Army Signal Corps
Might have to get the dealership to flash your ECM for uConnect to recognize your Mopar remote start kit, after you install it. Or the dealer might install it before pickup for a small fee...
That would be ideal. Would be absolutely awesome to have the Uconnect app able to perform remote start, especially since I'm paying for all the telematics. Really, really don't want to have to carry around a whole extra key fob either. I'll call them Monday and see, the Jeep is just waiting for me to get back from Kuwait, so perfect time to have the dealership install add-ons.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would be ideal. Would be absolutely awesome to have the Uconnect app able to perform remote start, especially since I'm paying for all the telematics. Really, really don't want to have to carry around a whole extra key fob either. I'll call them Monday and see, the Jeep is just waiting for me to get back from Kuwait, so perfect time to have the dealership install add-ons.
You might have buy 2 new keys (fobs) from the dealership as well (remote start fobs), to have them programmed to your Jeep so everything functions 100%. Luckily mine came optioned about perfect for me, which included remote start, so I haven't felt the need to change anything Moper-related...And don't anticipate it...Although I might buy the bluetooth speaker and charging setup to go in mine. Wish it had been ordered with one, but the dealer ordered mine, and not me, and the price I got mine at, I damn-sure ain't complaining...

Trust me, my 2011 Z71 had remote start and black leather... And in Alabama summertime, you will be HATING life in the mornings and after work with it baking in the sun all day long. My 2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack was a 6-speed, so legally wasn't allowed to have remote start as a factory option, so I missed having remote start for about 3 years. When I saw that my JTR had it listed on the window sicker, I knew she was "the one". :like:

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Theres a uconnect app and I can do remote start from it ?

I just downloaded the app and registered on the site and Am now waiting for the email.
Is this going to be some subscription service or something? Like sign up for their version of OnStar??

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Theres a uconnect app and I can do remote start from it ?
Yes. I didn't even know that until my buddy (that bought his JTR a week before I bought mine) showed me. So I downloaded it on my iPhone. Cool app. Even tells you when you have a recall notice from FCA. Shows you your remaining oil life, how much gas you have in it, maintenance history, etc... Plus, remote start/stop, and remote lock/unlock from anywhere on earth as long as you have an internet connection.

But I don't know if all those features work with all radio models... Both mine and my buddy's have the 8.4" Navi system.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
I logged into the App and it states there was no active subscription.

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Same here. Ive read that we may need to start with the uconnect activation from the radio itself. Will try when I get home from work.

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Jeep Gladiator Remote Start with UConnect App Only? 70D2B2D6-39CD-48E3-AED3-7D868B76CD44

via the touchscreen navigate to the apps tab and hit activate services. Just have to enter your name and email and follow basic instructions in the emails (one from fca and one from sirius). Entire process took 5 mins. Did not enter any billing info. Pretty cool feature but I cant justify the cost after the trial.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I know I had to register with FCA with the app. I used it to start my Rubicon all winter from anywhere. My only issue is it tells you the command has been sent, but it doesn’t tell you the status of your Jeep, IE is it running. Generally, I found that if I got the message that this could take 30 seconds, that it was started. Several times I went out in the cold and realized it wasn’t. This is one of the worst failings of the app. That said, it mostly works and I used it a lot. When it gets hot (soon) I will be using the app again, to allow it to cool down. Assuming I don’t have the top and doors off, in which case it doesn’t matter.
Sponsored