First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Quick question. How do you remove the bed lights? Do they pop out?
I'm taking my Gladiator in tomorrow morning for a spray in bed liner. I'd like to remove them before I take it in.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Don't mess with it.
The installer will take care of it.

Kevin
I've come to the conclusion that is just what I'm going to do. I was thinking they would be easy to remove and unplug. Evidently not.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I've come to the conclusion that is just what I'm going to do. I was thinking they would be easy to remove and unplug. Evidently not.
They might be. I donā€™t know, as Iā€™ve not tried. Again, there hasnā€™t been any reason to remove them.

Kevin

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Smash one with a propane tank, snap the tabs and it will fall right out. At least that's how I did it.

I believe one side has a compression tab so you would put the light up or down to clear the static holding tabs but right now I can't tell you which way to go. I may try it soon, also planning to have a bed liner done (called for a LineX appointment and they didn't have materials, that was almost a month ago) and will likely do some prep myself since I want to do a DIY rail once the spray is on.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
May be a too late for the OP.

There is a cut out on the light, use a small flat blade screwdriver to push the tab to release, then turn the screwdriver a little and gently to remove.

Jeep Gladiator Removing the bed lights? 20210423_112329

Jeep Gladiator Removing the bed lights? 20210423_112243

Before I had my bed lined installed; I removed the lights, all the hardware, and filled the bolt holes with grease. Otherwise the bed liner installers may just mask around items I wanted liner under.

I even removed the plastic side rails.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...hims-jeep-gladiator.pdf?v=6723672230927404325

Also see for side rail removal.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-mounts-crushing-side-rails.40501/post-675705

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My bedliner installer said they tried to take them out on two previous gladiators and broke the clips. They taped around mine and it came out great.

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question. How do you remove the bed lights? Do they pop out?
I'm taking my Gladiator in tomorrow morning for a spray in bed liner. I'd like to remove them before I take it in.

Thanks!
I have a spray in bed liner and they obviously have a technique where they keep lights in and spray in liner.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
:LOL:

If they get them out without breaking them, there is no guarantee they will fit back in.

When I had mine done, both lights popped back out a couple of days later. Took it back and they shaved the liner down until the lights engaged and stayed.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went with the Bullet liner. They had the materials but told me others were having problems getting it.

The must have got the lights out somehow because they put the damn things back on the wrong sides. Now all the LEDs are facing to the rear.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
They must have got the lights out somehow because they put the damn things back on the wrong sides. Now all the LEDs are facing to the rear.
Shhhhh....
Thatā€™s the super-secret auxiliary back-up light mode!

Kevin

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

There is a cut out on the light, use a small flat blade screwdriver to push the tab to release, then turn the screwdriver a little and gently to remove.

Before I had my bed lined installed; I removed the lights, all the hardware, and filled the bolt holes with grease. Otherwise the bed liner installers may just mask around items I wanted liner under.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...hims-jeep-gladiator.pdf?v=6723672230927404325

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-mounts-crushing-side-rails.40501/post-675705
Thanks, I may be trying this because they put them in on the wrong sides or upside down.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

Iā€™ll be damned, mine do not want to come outā€”after I got the line-x sprayed in. They look like they want to, but wonā€™t come loose.

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™ll be damned, mine do not want to come outā€”after I got the line-x sprayed in. They look like they want to, but wonā€™t come loose.
Same with me. Seems like I'll break it if I force it. Think I'll order a couple of spare lights to have on hand before I get serious.

Timgco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Smash one with a propane tank, snap the tabs and it will fall right out. At least that's how I did it.

I believe one side has a compression tab so you would put the light up or down to clear the static holding tabs but right now I can't tell you which way to go. I may try it soon, also planning to have a bed liner done (called for a LineX appointment and they didn't have materials, that was almost a month ago) and will likely do some prep myself since I want to do a DIY rail once the spray is on.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Sponsored