Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
The Motor/Control Module in the driver side Rockslide Engineering Step Slider failed this past week. Called RSE and over the phone we troubleshooted the problem. Evidently the control module failed. Normally after a few minutes of inactivity, the control module goes into power save mode. For what ever reason the module was stuck in power save.

So RSE sent out a replacement motor/control module and I just finished the swap this morning. Aside from unbolting these monsters off my JT, the part swap involved two locknuts and an e-clip, EASY PEASEY.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m dreading the day I need to do maintenance on mine. Iā€™m sure itā€™s easy once theyā€™re off, but after the install, I hope they stay forever. :)

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have had mine off to recoat them. It was a hassle because the dealership used crappy hardware, not sure that is what they came with. I was disappointed after 2 years. I had to blast them and recoat. But I used ARP stainless to bolt them back on. I have surface rust coming back. My motors are always cleaned and lubed and are working well, little iffy below 32 degrees.
Sponsored