Required Rubicon Options??

SDRockRod

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ, 2020 LE Gladiator
So now my dealer is telling me that (AJ1) Active Safety Group and (GXD) Remote proximity Keyless Entry are required options on a Rubicon. Is this true? The pricing spreadsheet doesn't state so?????

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

silverandscout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
For what it's worth, I'm no expert on any of this stuff, but I just ordered my Gladiator Rubicon last Saturday and I did NOT include those options.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Not unless there's been a change, which I highly doubt.

My guess is he has one on the lot just so equipped . . . but I'm a cynic.

jeepjonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I recently ordered a Rubicon from the factory without either of these options

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not unless there's been a change, which I highly doubt.

My guess is he has one on the lot just so equipped . . . but I'm a cynic.
You - and Garfield the cat - cool!

Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Just went in and did a sold order and with the 24R package this is what comes up on page 2...

Others may have not specified it but there is no way to go forward without pushing Apply and adding the options...

Otherwise you push CANCEL and then loop back to the same screen...

The order guide on this Forum is for reference only it is not applicable to the FCA Dealer Ordering website...
Capture.JPG

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Glad I ordered when I did. Don't slightly want any of that mess. Feel sorry for those getting roped into that. Forced Rubicon price increase without stating it. Always something slimy going on in the car business.

OP
OP
SDRockRod

SDRockRod

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ, 2020 LE Gladiator
Just went in and did a sold order and with the 24R package this is what comes up on page 2...

Others may have not specified it but there is no way to go forward without pushing Apply and adding the options...

Otherwise you push CANCEL and then loop back to the same screen...

The order guide on this Forum is for reference only it is not applicable to the FCA Dealer Ordering website...
Capture.JPG

Thanks for the response. That’s the same screen my dealer sent me a screen shot of.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Ordered mine yesterday and was forced into the safety group. Already had proximity. Oh well I can’t wait any longer, we are a car down because we sold the JL first.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
This is likely the last straw for me. Don't want LED pkg, certainly don't want the Safety pkg. The gawdam thing is already too expensive for the power it makes. Jeep can kiss the pink part of my azz.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What's wrong with the LED package?
It's sort of funny - hundreds if not thousands of us classic car guys are clamoring for LED conversions and lights and when they come with new vehicles, people balk.
Seriously - my Eagle SX4 is nearly all converted except for the headlights - and to get by I made new wiring harnesses and rigged relays and breakers to feed the stock halogen lamps until I find an LED package that will look nice in the car. With our crazy hills and winding roads and woods right up to the edge of the roads - we want modern lights and many go LED.
My 73 Javelin even has LED lights everywhere except the headlamps - and that's next.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would give it a few days or check with another dealer and see if they can order without those options. This same thing happened to me when I did my order & for some reason headliner & slush mats were required. Checked another dealer and they could order without, so either there was a glitch on my dealers ordering software or they were trying to upsell and make more money.
Also try the Jeep build site and see if its required there although that is not as accurate as the dealers site.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
What's wrong with the LED package?
It's sort of funny - hundreds if not thousands of us classic car guys are clamoring for LED conversions and lights and when they come with new vehicles, people balk.
Seriously - my Eagle SX4 is nearly all converted except for the headlights - and to get by I made new wiring harnesses and rigged relays and breakers to feed the stock halogen lamps until I find an LED package that will look nice in the car. With our crazy hills and winding roads and woods right up to the edge of the roads - we want modern lights and many go LED.
My 73 Javelin even has LED lights everywhere except the headlamps - and that's next.
I agree. My 2016 Sierra had LED headlights and after that I vowed not to drive another vehicle without them. They are that good. Jeep's LEDs are even better than the one's on my old Sierra. Add in the style that it adds to the vehicle and it's a no brainer.

As for active safety, I didn't want it but I am glad I got it. Active safety is just cross path/blind spot detection. It does NOT include active braking or adaptive cruise.

Proximity keyless entry is pretty awesome. Again, didn't know what I was missing until I had it.

I could understand not wanting any of these options if they are putting the vehicle out of reach financially. If money isn't a problem then I would just add the options to the order and move on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. My 2016 Sierra had LED headlights and after that I vowed not to drive another vehicle without them. They are that good. Jeep's LEDs are even better than the one's on my old Sierra. Add in the style that it adds to the vehicle and it's a no brainer.

As for active safety, I didn't want it but I am glad I got it. Active safety is just cross path/blind spot detection. It does NOT include active braking or adaptive cruise.

Proximity keyless entry is pretty awesome. Again, didn't know what I was missing until I had it.

I could understand not wanting any of these options if they are putting the vehicle out of reach financially. If money isn't a problem then I would just add the options to the order and move on.
Funny thing about some options - once you have them........ the active safety you want unless you never go to a grocery store or Target or whatever and never have to deal with dopes who do 50 in a parking lot or see you pulling out and pull out anyway to beat you out of the lot. It's crazy out there.
Some of the stuff on my wife's Grand Cherokee - like the blind spot bit where someone is pacing you mph per mph and staying right in your blind spot almost as if on purpose (yes there ARE people like that out there) and then someone comes onto the interstate and never learned what merge means - or don't give a rip. All this stuff is sort of like protective armor against the idiots out there who refuse to believe they have any responsibility.
In Iowa adaptive cruise could be good - didn't really want it but got it anyway as we just kept checking stuff - anyway, the rubber-neckers here - accident in the west bound lanes of I80 and all of a sudden all three east bound lanes some to a stop - yeah, it's that bad - and people need really badly to get one car length ahead so they pass you, pull in tight and slow down.......... welcome to Iowa.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
It would be nice if FCA was forcing the up sell that they at least offered it at a discount.
Sponsored