Sponsored

reverse with the door open.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
So I picked up my JT yesterday and was adding a dead pedal to it. For those that have done this know you basically have to be a human contortionist to get in there. anyway, it has been raining here alot and I was parked next to a puddle and wanted to back up away from it. I had the door open and it wouldn't go into reverse. after I shut the door it told me to put it back in park and try again. I did this and as I was slowly rolling I opened the door to check the puddle and the brakes locked up.

Couple questions... I know it's for safety but is there any way to disable this? also, what happens if you remove the doors? Will it allow you do go in reverse.?

Sry if this has been covered I was too lazy to do a search.
Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
So I picked up my JT yesterday and was adding a dead pedal to it. For those that have done this know you basically have to be a human contortionist to get in there. anyway, it has been raining here alot and I was parked next to a puddle and wanted to back up away from it. I had the door open and it wouldn't go into reverse. after I shut the door it told me to put it back in park and try again. I did this and as I was slowly rolling I opened the door to check the puddle and the brakes locked up.

Couple questions... I know it's for safety but is there any way to disable this? also, what happens if you remove the doors? Will it allow you do go in reverse.?

The tazer programmer I believe

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Might be wrong I thought I read it somewhere on a forum article. I know there was a forum article on disabling this feature though.
I know it disables in 4 lo. Haven't found another way to nuke it. If you run across that again could you link it for us please. Id love to get rid of that nanny

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

It does somehow disable with the doors off so there must be a way to trick it to think the doors are off.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Put your seal belt on, then you can move the JT with the door open. Auto Park engages with the door open and no seatbelts. So without the doors, you need your seat belts buckled up, or you are not going anywhere... :headbang:

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Put your seal belt on, then you can move the JT with the door open. Auto Park engages with the door open and no seatbelts. So without the doors, you need your seat belts buckled up, or you are not going anywhere... :headbang:
Well, that is annoying. backing up to the trailer and I have to buckle up every time....

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
GOT IT
in the plug under the seat jumper the two wires that say the seat belt is connected. Bam seat belt always "connected" no auto park.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
GOT IT
in the plug under the seat jumper the two wires that say the seat belt is connected. Bam seat belt always "connected" no auto park.
Nevermind. asked my buddy at Jeep and he said it's not an on-off signal like the JK was. He says it might have a resistance load it looks for. I'll find out more tomorrow I'll pull the plug and shoot the wires see what I come up with.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Well, that is annoying. backing up to the trailer and I have to buckle up every time....
Or just close the door and use the backup camera, that’s what I do... ;)

Reactions: jlg

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Just buckle it behind you if you need to keep moving it. There is also a seat belt extender available that will probably override it.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
OP
OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Tazer mini Northridge4x4 sells them
Does the tazer definitely disable it? the tazer is on my ever growing list.
Sponsored