Advertisement

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
When the article starts with dismissing the ZR2 outright, it really loses credibility. It brings a front locker AND fancy go-fast suspension, and for way less, if you want an automatic and a roof (which isn’t $2295).
Given the tires that come on the TRD Pro (which are still such a cop-out) the Mojave should get a full grade better in stock form.

jtim

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Tacoma
He also says the Tacoma hasn't been redesigned since '05... It was all new in '16. Not a very well researched article. I would have liked seeing the Bison included in the comparison as well.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
When the article starts with dismissing the ZR2 outright, it really loses credibility. It brings a front locker AND fancy go-fast suspension, and for way less, if you want an automatic and a roof (which isn’t $2295).
Given the tires that come on the TRD Pro (which are still such a cop-out) the Mojave should get a full grade better in stock form.
Yeah, that doesn’t even make any sense. The ZR2 is kind of a combination of the TRD Pro and the Mohave. I guess they couldn’t get their hands on a press car.

LostWoods

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
He also says the Tacoma hasn't been redesigned since '05... It was all new in '16. Not a very well researched article. I would have liked seeing the Bison included in the comparison as well.
It was kinda new in 2016. Same frame and front axle setup with just a slightly taller suspension. Cab was the same but has a slightly different look from door restyling. Same rear axle except for the MT and locker variants. New engine and transmissions but same transfer case.

So it was more a heavy facelift more than a redesign. I think Toyota didn't want to put too much into it because the new platform is rumored to be a Tunda/Tacoma shared design like the Titan/Frontier and the Tacoma is likely to see a shortened lifecycle for the 3G with all the competition that has roared in these past few years.