First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
I’m a little confused about the outputs on the BC1 Bluetooth controller. Can each output only control one device or can multiple devices be put on one output as long as you want them to be the same color? For instance, my wife wants the Oculus headlights and fog lights.. Could we hook up all the inputs to one controller or would we need multiple controllers?
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Good Morning! The BC1 controls all products together, so you have four outputs for extra product, and they would all operate together. If you would like to control different zones you can purchase multiple BC1s and operate them together or separate.

You can view our video for installation here:

-Missy

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
So are all 4 outputs on the controller the same color or can they be set to different colors? Could I use a single controller to run RGB headlights and fog lights different colors or would I need multiple controllers to do that?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
So are all 4 outputs on the controller the same color or can they be set to different colors? Could I use a single controller to run RGB headlights and fog lights different colors or would I need multiple controllers to do that?
All four outputs will operate the same color for the products wired in. If you want multiple zones you would need to purchase multiple BC1s.
For example: Headlights to a BCI & Wheel Rings to a separate BC1. You could have the headlights doing purple and the wheel rings doing green. Then you could have them booth synced to the same color.

A lot of customers use 3x BC1s on the Oculus ColorShift headlight.

-Missy

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
All four outputs will operate the same color for the products wired in. If you want multiple zones you would need to purchase multiple BC1s.
For example: Headlights to a BCI & Wheel Rings to a separate BC1. You could have the headlights doing purple and the wheel rings doing green. Then you could have them booth synced to the same color.

A lot of customers use 3x BC1s on the Oculus ColorShift headlight.

-Missy
Ok. I placed an order last night and I think I need to add another controller to it

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Ok. I placed an order last night and I think I need to add another controller to it
How many controllers would you like to add, and what is your order number?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
it's really hit or miss if the bluetooth is going to pickup the BT1 controllers or not. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. and there's no way to alias them when you have multiple. Also seems like they load in random order so it's always confusing which controller is which in the app.

Really should offer a single unit that controls 3 items so it stays consistent, not 3 individual items that are all scattered and spotty BT connections.

Shadow6320

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I'm having a issue with my lights holding solid color memory. Once they are set, if turned off they revert back to the last fade or strobe settings. I'm running 3 bc1s through the factory aux switch. What am I doing wrong???

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I'm having a issue with my lights holding solid color memory. Once they are set, if turned off they revert back to the last fade or strobe settings. I'm running 3 bc1s through the factory aux switch. What am I doing wrong???
Hi Keith,

The BC1 only retains memory of last saved color/preset when they are connected to constant power. You need to do one of 2 things here:

1. Move power from your aux switch to battery direct
2. Leave the aux switch in the ON position - Make sure it's set to battery power inside the U-Connect

Hope this helps.

Shadow6320

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Hi Keith,

The BC1 only retains memory of last saved color/preset when they are connected to constant power. You need to do one of 2 things here:

1. Move power from your aux switch to battery direct
2. Leave the aux switch in the ON position - Make sure it's set to battery power inside the U-Connect

Hope this helps.
So basically in order to keep a preset they need to stay on forever...nice way to reword it though

Sponsored

Shadow6320

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
UPDATE:
I was able to install the app Happy lighting on my Andriod device. Bluetooth connectivity was ALOT faster. Also they now save the solid color selected after powering off from either the switch when routed from the battery or when attached to the ignition. Now I wonder if there will ever be an update to the color shift app to fix this issue.

osoharpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M6
Thank you for explaining how it works! I installed RGB on my working desk, and I couldn't understand how the controller was working. It isn't as easy to set it up as the color-changing light bulbs I have at home. I had no problems understanding how it works. It doesn't need any controllers because you can use the mobile device you have. There is a special app for them that allows them to turn it on and off and choose the color they want. It is very comfortable because you don't need to use the switches anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited: