Raptor Liner on Bumper and maybe more

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So I finally after months of putting it off got my smittybuilt winch and rugged ridge Arcus bumper installed. So far I really like the look, but have one thing in particular that kind of set me down a path.... The fairlead just is too shiny for me. I just hate the way it looks and thought it should be black.

Then it got me looking at the paint on the bumper and hooks, it is super cheap and parts got scratched just from the install and got me thinking. Should I just take it off and Rhino Line the entire thing. Give it the durability I am looking for and so that it won't look scratched to hell in the next few months.

Then that put me further down a rabbit hole where I was thinking I should Rhino Line the fenders as well. Something I had been considering but I think it would look really good on my JT since I already have a diamondback HD with the Line-x on it.

What are your thoughts, take on the world, or just buy a black Fairlead. lol

Jeep Gladiator Raptor Liner on Bumper and maybe more 1590901356478

Here is a shot of the entire jeep with the old bumper

Jeep Gladiator Raptor Liner on Bumper and maybe more 1590901514480
Sponsored

J33P3R

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator RLE
Vehicle Showcase
my green JK is linex'd i like it a lot dont think id do it to my gladiator though

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
my green JK is linex'd i like it a lot dont think id do it to my gladiator though
That looks nice, did you linex the entire thing? What I am trying to figure out is if certain parts only would look good like that. For sure not going to do that to my entire jeep, I love the Gator color to much

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Just make sure you get the UV top coat service if you are going to get it Rhino lined. Anything else, it will get chalky and gray after a few years. Not a big deal for a bed liner but will look like ass for anything else on the exterior.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Just make sure you get the UV top coat service if you are going to get it Rhino lined. Anything else, it will get chalky and gray after a few years. Not a big deal for a bed liner but will look like ass for anything else on the exterior.
Sounds like you know the differences between linex, rhino and maybe raptor liner? Care to share what you find to be the biggest differences?

I've only be able to find out so far cost and linex might be more rubbery... And there's a premium linex that has colour options and uv protection

Thank you for your info

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like you know the differences between linex, rhino and maybe raptor liner? Care to share what you find to be the biggest differences?

I've only be able to find out so far cost and linex might be more rubbery... And there's a premium linex that has colour options and uv protection

Thank you for your info
Talking liner brands can be dick swinging contest in some threads but I will give you my take.

I have had a multitude of trucks and I have mostly with Rhino liner and it has served me well. That being said, Line-X has the material spec of being a tougher liner and better UV protection. I have never splurged for the UV top coating on my Rhino Liner and it will gray and fade a bit over the years.

That being said, if I was to spray line anything on the exterior, I would go with the Line-X and make sure it is the premium tier stuff with the UV protection. I think the Line-X has a better fine grain aesthetic texture for exterior looks where the Rhino Line has a somewhat light lumpy flow look.

Either brand, the dealer that does the application, you need to talk over with on what you want and see if they have application samples to show you. There is techniques in either application to play with the texture somewhat so you need to make that known of what you are looking for.

As far as Raptor Liner, I only know what I have seen in Youtube videos of it but cannot comment directly on.

J33P3R

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator RLE
Vehicle Showcase
That looks nice, did you linex the entire thing? What I am trying to figure out is if certain parts only would look good like that. For sure not going to do that to my entire jeep, I love the Gator color to much
yeah did the whole exterior of my 2007 jk it came out pretty good and tried to color match the original rescue green some what

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Talking liner brands can be dick swinging contest in some threads but I will give you my take.

I have had a multitude of trucks and I have mostly with Rhino liner and it has served me well. That being said, Line-X has the material spec of being a tougher liner and better UV protection. I have never splurged for the UV top coating on my Rhino Liner and it will gray and fade a bit over the years.

That being said, if I was to spray line anything on the exterior, I would go with the Line-X and make sure it is the premium tier stuff with the UV protection. I think the Line-X has a better fine grain aesthetic texture for exterior looks where the Rhino Line has a somewhat light lumpy flow look.

Either brand, the dealer that does the application, you need to talk over with on what you want and see if they have application samples to show you. There is techniques in either application to play with the texture somewhat so you need to make that known of what you are looking for.

As far as Raptor Liner, I only know what I have seen in Youtube videos of it but cannot comment directly on.
I am an idiot listing rhino liner in this post. It turns out that Raptor Liner was the thing I was thinking of, lol. Wrong animal. I was looking at the do it yourself kit. I really appreciate you input in the earlier post. I need to research the UV resistance of that stuff for sure before I mess with coating anything at all on the JT.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Line-X is the toughest I've seen and will last years. My dad uses the hell out of his truck very regularly with sharp rock and his liner still has perfect coverage without any separation or tears after nearly 15 years. Faded as shit, but still fully functional.

Rhino Liner is a bit softer and more rubbery so I can't imagine it being as tough but it also it more grippy than Line-X. Seeing it in action in the CA desert sun, it's much less UV resistant in standard form and can fade to grey in under a year.

Raptor Liner I've heard good things about as it's more economical and will hold up very well to average use. No direct experience with it though.

If you want the ultimate in toughness, I'd go with Line-X but I was told painting a set of aluminum fenders and liners would cost as much as doing a bed assuming I did the scuff prep ahead of time. If you want to keep that cheaper, Raptor Liner is probably the #2 here but make sure your prep is 110%.

OP
OP

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security