MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a preference or experience with either or?

Rhino quoted me $460
Line-X quoted me $540 for the basic, and $660 for the UV protection coating, etc.

The BFF has a Ford F-150 Fx4 and he did the top line Line-X, he loves it, and it looks great. The vibe is I should bite the bullet and do the Line-X but curious on peoples' opinions.
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Line-X is smoother so things slide easier. This is sometimes good-sometimes bad. Rhino is a little more course so things don't slide as easy. This is also sometimes good sometimes bad. If you are loading sharp objects like steal plates, pick axes, etc, I think the Line-X would be better. The Rhino can sometimes tear.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Any opinion on getting black fenders and having bed and fenders sprayed with colored LineX ?
I don’t think it’ll look right unless you do black and I wouldn’t do it at all unless you are offered a warranty against fading. My buddy has a red F-150 with fenders and liner matched in red and they were pink three years later

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Any opinion on getting black fenders and having bed and fenders sprayed with colored LineX ?
Depends on the color. I plan on getting a dark tan sprayed bed, and it will probably lighten in color over time, but still look good. I don't plan on Line-Xing fenders or bumpers, but if I get some trail rash, it's something I might consider.
Like @TheSolarWizard said, red probably isn't a great choice. White will probably turn yellow.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have had my last three trucks to include my current Gladiator Rhino-Lined and found it to be fine for average home owner use and better than the OEM spray in liner. My local Rhino Liner dealer has the contract for all the new local Verizon Utility trucks to get lined and they seem to hold up pretty well for them.

That being said, Line-X has the specs to back it up as being a tougher product over the Rhino Liner. In my opinion, the $90 spread between the two products in cost would be a personal decision on value.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I have had my last three trucks to include my current Gladiator Rhino-Lined and found it to be fine for average home owner use and better than the OEM spray in liner. My local Rhino Liner dealer has the contract for all the new local Verizon Utility trucks to get lined and they seem to hold up pretty well for them.

That being said, Line-X has the specs to back it up as being a tougher product over the Rhino Liner. In my opinion, the $90 spread between the two products in cost would be a personal decision on value.
I just got mine Rhino'd. It was pretty similar in price, but I felt more comfortable with the Rhino installer than I did with the Line-X installer. It's about 1/8th" thick, and the Rhino dealer really spent their time explaining the differences without badmouthing Line-X.
They even showed me a concrete contractor's truck who was Rhino'd a few years ago, and while it was obviously abused more than the average homeowner would, it was still in above average shape.
This, plus the fact that it's almost like a rubberized coating (non-slip when rubbing your hand across) made it an easier decision. I will say there is a sheen to Rhino which will wear off over time, but the dealer offered a protectant for free for the life of the vehicle in case I ever want the shine re-applied.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
I cant speak for LIne-X but ive had Rhino liner in my Chevy Silverado that is my daily driver for 12 Years! up until 2 days ago. the Rhino held up extremely well over that time with no tears at all. it is course and has faded a little over 12 years in the Texas heat but i was very happy with it. Just my 2 cents.

My Gladiator was lined before it shipped so i dont know what brand it is but it is shiny and slicker than my Rhino. Only things that would slide on the Rhino was hard sided plastic ice chests.
Sponsored