First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Forum member or not, you should at least get what you paid for. There seems to be a systemic breakdown in goods and services. Aside from supply chain issues, decent service is extremely hard to find anymore. It's like the whole world is just pissed off. Good luck getting it resolved.

same_O_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave; 2008 JKU (RIP)
A lot of times smaller companies are less apt to eat costs than larger companies. I bought a pair of shoes one time from a smaller company; they sent the wrong size and wanted me to pay the return shipping, which, in the grand scheme, wasn't really much money, but it was b******* that they wouldn't correct their mistake and wanted me to pay for it. After arguing with them for a time, I eventually left them a really bad review on Google. After that, they cut me a return label and I edited my review to reflect as such.

Bad reviews can really hurt smaller companies and a lot of times they'll work to correct/resolve the issue to avoid/amend a negative review.

Just my. 02

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I absolutely agree. If the review is less than 4 stars I move on. Most times it has to be 4.5 or higher depending on the product and availability.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I had a few nuts and bolts missing from an order not too long ago. As soon as I notified the company they sent out the missing parts. That’s service. Is that not an option in your case?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Forum member or not, you should at least get what you paid for. There seems to be a systemic breakdown in goods and services. Aside from supply chain issues, decent service is extremely hard to find anymore. It's like the whole world is just pissed off. Good luck getting it resolved.
Yup. I had this discussion with a couple people at work the other day. It’s like folks have just forgotten how you’re supposed to treat one another.

At the end of the day, companies should be keeping track of their inventory. Assuming they are and there’s another issue (I.e. Employee with sticky fingers), that’s something that they should be able to figure out sooner or later, via customer feedback.

If it’s been a month and they refuse to do anything about it, as the person said above…call your credit card company and dispute that portion of the order/charge.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Customer Service is dead. Just ask quadratec who sent me 10 wheels when I ordered 5, and then made me call in 5 times to get it resolved (minimum hold time 35 minutes each), and then when it was resolved the RMA they sent me only covered 1 wheel. So now i'm sitting in a FedEx store with 200lbs worth of wheels and have to call quadratec again (45 minute hold this time) for them to tell me "we'll have the RMA for the other 4 wheels to you in 2-3 business days". Seriously? I'm AT the FedEx, and you want me to haul everything back to my basement because every step along the way your agents don't know how to do their job?

At this moment I Karened. I spoke to their manager. Did get the other 4 RMAs on the spot though.

That was my last Quadratec order. Maybe ever? Who knows. Not willing to commit to saying that until i'm 100% sure.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had the absolute opposite experience with @Metalcloak . I ordered the parts to convert my Duoflex kit to a Game Changer. 6 boxes shipped with tracking numbers, 5 showed up. FedEx showed 6 were delivered and no help whatsoever. Contacted MC and they shipped a replacement free of charge no questions asked. Customer service is still alive but it is not prevalent anymore.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Had the absolute opposite experience with @Metalcloak . I ordered the parts to convert my Duoflex kit to a Game Changer. 6 boxes shipped with tracking numbers, 5 showed up. FedEx showed 6 were delivered and no help whatsoever. Contacted MC and they shipped a replacement free of charge no questions asked. Customer service is still alive but it is not prevalent anymore.
Same, mc shipped me the wrong bushings in a set of upper front control arms, called them up and had the new bushings a couple days later.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Customer Service is dead. Just ask quadratec who sent me 10 wheels when I ordered 5, and then made me call in 5 times to get it resolved (minimum hold time 35 minutes each), and then when it was resolved the RMA they sent me only covered 1 wheel. So now i'm sitting in a FedEx store with 200lbs worth of wheels and have to call quadratec again (45 minute hold this time) for them to tell me "we'll have the RMA for the other 4 wheels to you in 2-3 business days". Seriously? I'm AT the FedEx, and you want me to haul everything back to my basement because every step along the way your agents don't know how to do their job?

At this moment I Karened. I spoke to their manager. Did get the other 4 RMAs on the spot though.

That was my last Quadratec order. Maybe ever? Who knows. Not willing to commit to saying that until i'm 100% sure.
I also am done with Quadratec. Terrible customer service

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Same, mc shipped me the wrong bushings in a set of upper front control arms, called them up and had the new bushings a couple days later.
Metal Cloak rocks! ... they obviously have an emphasis on customer service that I hope they maintain. If they do I will continue to order from them. Northridge4x4 also gets an A+ in my book. It seems to me that when people report issues it always seems to be by the same companies. Do your research and buyer beware. A quick search on this forum alone will give you an idea of the ones to avoid. I'll pay a bit more to support a company that treats their customers as a valued asset.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That's the current order status as of this moment. Another shot to follow with their reply when I asked for a cancellation on the missing item. Again, I'm not sure if this was the forum rep or their underlings at the warehouse.

Again, the rep I spoke to was cordial and just maybe some lines of communication were crossed. At least I hope that's the case and this will be resolved by Saturday morning. If not, I will post the company name and further proof for posterities sake.

As an aside, I despise having to be a diva but I'm out of patience and this project has been on hold far too long.

Screenshot_20220818-063704-684.png
There is something about this that has the feel of an automated response system? ... I could be wrong, but it feels like it is missing a human element
Sponsored