First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Northridge4x4- while not the same size as some of the business’s rattled here. Is the only 4wd parts place I will give money to any more.
Their customer service is spot on- especially when it comes to digging in with other small companies that they distribute for. I think we all can give empathy to small companies right now…. Seems like they are all getting nothing but mediocre experience and trash customer service….. (and I say this because having worked with small vendors pre-covid….. and hearing some of the owners story’s…. I feel bad.). Society in many aspects is falling apart here…..
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Northridge4x4- while not the same size as some of the business’s rattled here. Is the only 4wd parts place I will give money to any more.
Their customer service is spot on- especially when it comes to digging in with other small companies that they distribute for. I think we all can give empathy to small companies right now…. Seems like they are all getting nothing but mediocre experience and trash customer service….. (and I say this because having worked with small vendors pre-covid….. and hearing some of the owners story’s…. I feel bad.). Society in many aspects is falling apart here…..
Also a big fan of Northridge, good experiences so far with them. I also have watched a lot of @Tech Tim videos to do a lot of the work on my jeep so in some ways I see it as a bit of payback for the instructionals lol.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Also a big fan of Northridge, good experiences so far with them. I also have watched a lot of @Tech Tim videos to do a lot of the work on my jeep so in some ways I see it as a bit of payback for the instructionals lol.
If I admitted the amount of money I have spent through them and my wife discovered I would likely be on display at the local trail, by means of my head on a pike…

In all seriousness, northridge4x4 has been great, and consistent. I have been purchasing through them for more than a decade 2010?? Anyways- they were a newer business back then and been the same? Gotten better? Since! It doesn’t matter if it’s a $50 order or$7,000 axle order- they are on point and you are treated the same. Like a decent human being…. They always entertain the conversation, provide tactful recommendations, etc.

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
I have had good experiences with Metalcloak and Rusty's Offfroad. Not so much with Hauk, still waiting on a skidplate ordered months ago.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
Yep, been seeing signs of this across multiple forums now.
  1. Don't place ANY orders with Hauk.
  2. If you have an open order, and they aren't responding, initiate a chargeback.
Protect yourself.
Good to know, thanks.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
And people wonder why I personally recommend @Metalcloak and @Northridge4x4 all the time. Hmmm it’s because not only they supply great products, they supply the awesome customer service.

I have been going to northridge since my 1st jeep in 2013 and been using metalcloak since 2015. Both companies have been getting better and better.

op… good luck to you

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
That's the current order status as of this moment. Another shot to follow with their reply when I asked for a cancellation on the missing item. Again, I'm not sure if this was the forum rep or their underlings at the warehouse.

Again, the rep I spoke to was cordial and just maybe some lines of communication were crossed. At least I hope that's the case and this will be resolved by Saturday morning. If not, I will post the company name and further proof for posterities sake.

As an aside, I despise having to be a diva but I'm out of patience and this project has been on hold far too long.

Screenshot_20220818-063704-684.png
Fedex…that’s probably part the problem. I almost didn’t order parts from a place earlier this week because their only shipping option was FedEx. Went ahead and ordered, as I figured “surely they can get one right.”

My wheels (sent out by Northridge via UPS) showed up crazy fast. Currently waiting on the TMPS to show up (supposed to have arrived yesterday), but currently showing as ‘Pending’ and ‘In Transit’ with a big red circle w/ “!” and no delivery estimate at this point. Totally shocked! (not)

For context…I worked in a FedEx sort facility for a few months many moons ago. The fact that they can manage to get any packages to their destination on time and intact shocks me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Customer service isn't totally dead - just on life support.
I ordered a new impact driver a year ago - the one I bought in the 70s and used a whole lot finally broke. So I bought another one, same part number, same Iowa manufacturer. First time use the ball and spring dropped out of the end. Not a catastrophe, but annoying as the bits and sockets would no longer stay on the end. I contacted them, showed them pictures and asked if it was possible to get that part of the tool and I'd fix it.
They asked for my address - a week later I had a WHOLE COMPLETE new tool with case, bits, etc.
I believe it was Lisle if I remember correctly. Good tools, GREAT Iowa service.

I bought a rivnut tool and ended up stripping the threads off the M5 mandrel or whatever it's called.
I contacted the seller (on Amazon) and told them it may have been my fault, I didn't know or care, and asked if I could buy that piece from them as a replacement. They asked for pictures - I sent them pictures of the piece with the stripped threads and said just let me know a cost and shipping.
Again - a week later I had the WHOLE NEW TOOL, the whole kit.

On the other hand, I've had my share of bad deals, too - RockAuto among them.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Dispute that portion of the charge on your credit card.
This is why I shop with my AMEX cards (Platinum & HHonors Aspire). If the vendor does not provide the product or services as agreed upon, you have 110 days to file a dispute. AMEX are pitbulls and will get results in 7-10 business days. My last dispute was resolved in 5 business days and the refund was issued.

Having premium card cost you some money up front (annual fees) but the benefits and protection are priceless.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Had the absolute opposite experience with @Metalcloak . I ordered the parts to convert my Duoflex kit to a Game Changer. 6 boxes shipped with tracking numbers, 5 showed up. FedEx showed 6 were delivered and no help whatsoever. Contacted MC and they shipped a replacement free of charge no questions asked. Customer service is still alive but it is not prevalent anymore.
And they call me after every order, thats pretty cool.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I am still sitting on 2 front Bilstein 5100's as the rears never came. By the time I figured the rears wouldn't come was too late to return the fronts. As soon as I saw your pic I figured it was the same issue.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I bought a Lego set one time that had one tiny piece missing. I contacted their CS and the mailed me a box with 1 single button Lego in it. Lol.
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.. but as someone who builds 'lego' kits as a way to relax, I gotta say, many of the knockoff companies have a much stronger customer support.

I believe it was CADA, that sent me a replacement kit, and an entirely different kit as an apology, when I had a kit that was missing a steering wheel....

But.. I digress.

I'm all for naming and shaming, when a company fails at the most basic of customer support. (If it's something incredibly complex, that's another story.. anyone can fail at that).

~ Casp

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Is it a problem reporting companies here that rip you off?

I ordered a few items from one of our vendors here and a part was missing. Tried to resolve it with their automated system. Forum rep seems like a nice enough guy but I'm being told I will not be refunded for the missing portion of my order as it's already shipped....except my one part.... . I don't know if that's his shipping dept or him so I'm not going to blast him personally.

I'm talking to I don't know how many people and I'm out of patience at this point.

I just want a refund for the part I didn't get....it's been over a month now.
The law usually assumes the seller is responsible until it gets to you...If it was lost in transit, they need to file a claim with the shipper after they refund you...Always use a credit card so you can file a dispute for things like this.
Sponsored