RLD designs pic request

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Anyone consider mounting rotopax or recovery equipment on the side doors? Would probably need to upgrade the struts, but then they might be overpowered if the rotopax are empty and swing open violently...

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
Anyone consider mounting rotopax or recovery equipment on the side doors? Would probably need to upgrade the struts, but then they might be overpowered if the rotopax are empty and swing open violently...
Rebel Offroad will be manufacturing some additional add ons for it. We did discuss many different options with them and they took a lot of photos and measurements

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
Rebel Offroad will be manufacturing some additional add ons for it. We did discuss many different options with them and they took a lot of photos and measurements
That would be excellent. Any way to save space.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Oh sweet! Please let them I know I’m willing to lend my Jeep if they need to perform test fitting on non-windowed side doors ;)

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Great... More ways for me to spend money on my Jeep:rock::piggybank:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
is rebel making these things specifically for the RLD, or just the outside of canopys in general?

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is rebel making these things specifically for the RLD, or just the outside of canopys in general?
At this point I would say the RLD. The RSI door works different with the hinges inside rather than outside I believe.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That didn't take long to get it out with the new canopy and tent! Awesome!

Slight thread jack... Would love to know more about your trailer and why you have one in addition to your RTT? Thanks!
We have two kids and dogs. The kids are now at a stage where they like to sleep without us and we’re equally happy to sleep without them . When we hit harder trails we will use the RTT only but easy trails etc we will bring the trailer. We’re also excited to build and upgrade the trailer a bit more to our needs and allow us to be fully self sufficient. We also tow our 47 Willys and the kids side by side and when we camp with those we will use the RTT.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We hit some nice trails with a few people this weekend (we social distances as much as possible) and we were very impressed with how sturdy the canopy is. I snapped the bolt holding my sway bar to the lower control arm but the canopy and tent is still in perfect shape.

AD7E74CB-4B40-4608-A4CC-97E9E2904F5B.jpeg

6A28DFDF-C4C2-4C43-B5B8-DA7B3243ADB9.jpeg

010BE5C7-5A50-4E2B-A013-0AEC0F47ADF4.jpeg

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
We have two kids and dogs. The kids are now at a stage where they like to sleep without us and we’re equally happy to sleep without them . When we hit harder trails we will use the RTT only but easy trails etc we will bring the trailer. We’re also excited to build and upgrade the trailer a bit more to our needs and allow us to be fully self sufficient. We also tow our 47 Willys and the kids side by side and when we camp with those we will use the RTT.
I was figuring you were all rolling with kids. I've got 3 and a dog. Mine are still pretty young, but we are getting closer to give shorter trips a go!

My interest in the RLD is to allow for maximum storage, awning, and a shiftpod2 tent up top.
https://shiftpod.com/shiftpod/shelter/shiftpod-v20
It's a large ground tent that my friend has that could fit my family with cots. When storing, it's 6ft long so it would go up on the canopy.

Last lil question now that you have the RLD would you still need your trailer outside of a sleeping setup? Like for extra storage and it's kitchen if it's got one? I'm wondering if I will need to get a trailer too with the 5 of us or not. I'm not against another toy :CWL: Thanks!!

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was figuring you were all rolling with kids. I've got 3 and a dog. Mine are still pretty young, but we are getting closer to give shorter trips a go!

My interest in the RLD is to allow for maximum storage, awning, and a shiftpod2 tent up top.
https://shiftpod.com/shiftpod/shelter/shiftpod-v20
It's a large ground tent that my friend has that could fit my family with cots. When storing, it's 6ft long so it would go up on the canopy.

Last lil question now that you have the RLD would you still need your trailer outside of a sleeping setup? Like for extra storage and it's kitchen if it's got one? I'm wondering if I will need to get a trailer too with the 5 of us or not. I'm not against another toy :CWL: Thanks!!
Hahaha no I don’t think we really need it but we got a crazy deal on the trailer. It does make life easier. We will see where life takes us and where the trailer ends up in it all. We do not have a kitchen in the trailer is basically just a full size bed and storage. With the canopy now I’ll most likely be able to fit it all in and if need be still be able to make a bed in there for the kids (maybe).

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet you it would work for your Alu-Cab. And if not they should tweak it to do so. That'll open up another market for them to sell into.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha no I don’t think we really need it but we got a crazy deal on the trailer. It does make life easier. We will see where life takes us and where the trailer ends up in it all. We do not have a kitchen in the trailer is basically just a full size bed and storage. With the canopy now I’ll most likely be able to fit it all in and if need be still be able to make a bed in there for the kids (maybe).
Thanks!

I’ve gone back and forth with getting a trailer. If a crazy deal shows up I’m pretty sure I will be doing the same!

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I admit it... I'm getting jealous of all you Gen 2"s Everyone's rigs look GREAT! I'm still waiting for my ship tracking from Rhino. I also thought about mounting Rotopax on the side doors. There is a Taco online with them mounted on the side doors. I believe its a Photoshop job. I'm not sure if the hinges can take 8+ pounds jostling around on the trail. It would be supper cool if they could. I wonder if someone from RLD could chime in. It would save me from mounting them inside the bed.
Sponsored