Road Armor Bed Rack

jtwhite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator with max tow
Has any ordered and received their bed rack treck system?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jtwhite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if I had a choice I would look elsewhere. It is crazy how they take that long to make. I regret buying from them. I was told last week mine was being packaged then all of a sudden it didn't pass QC they said powder coating was bad! is there shipper and qc the same person? I can't believe that even thought my parts were sitting on the side for 2 weeks waiting for a "nut-late" no one came to inspect the parts. I've been a QC inspector before and by no means a part is even sent over to shipping without being inspected. I hope really hope they are not scamming me. god knows if I will ever receive my order.

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
if I had a choice I would look elsewhere. It is crazy how they take that long to make. I regret buying from them. I was told last week mine was being packaged then all of a sudden it didn't pass QC they said powder coating was bad! is there shipper and qc the same person? I can't believe that even thought my parts were sitting on the side for 2 weeks waiting for a "nut-late" no one came to inspect the parts. I've been a QC inspector before and by no means a part is even sent over to shipping without being inspected. I hope really hope they are not scamming me. god knows if I will ever receive my order.
How long has it been?

OP
OP

jtwhite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long has it been?
Its been 9 weeks. I was told 9/28 that my order is ready to ship and that they only need some pieces to go on the hardware kit. Then on oct 5 they said its being packaged and tracking will be provided. So Thursday I emailed asking for the tracking and that's when they told me it failed "QC" and its being shipped back for powder coating and they will send it whenever they feel like it.

Sponsored

HH60Driver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Pilot
Worst buying experience I’ve ever had. DO NOT BUY FROM ROAD ARMOR. I waited 3 months for mine only to be finally told the truth that they hadn’t even started cutting it. My mind was blown! I asked to talk to some sort of management and they told me they can’t do that! I told them if a manager don’t call me in 24 hrs I was canceling my order. Of course they didn’t. Hopefully my refund doesn’t take 3 months. I can’t believe big companies like this have such horrible customer service and think consumers like us will just give them thousands of dollars for horrible service.

M.DiVs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Owner@AestheticHomes, Owner@AspectOverland
Mine is suppose to show up Next Wednesday, apparently...received shipping confirmation today, I ordered September 7th. So over 10 weeks wait time if it actually shows up on the 18th.

Barberian.JT

First Name
Bong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator mojave
Occupation
barber
I received mine a while back, and I had complaints about it, I ordered from Morris 4x4, none of the packages were missing, all were accounted for, no packages were damaged, but after installing I realized they a bunch of the cutouts were jagged/imperfect also poorly powder coated and a bunch of holes were not even punched out, it was so poorly powder coated I had rust forming in the first few days, I reached out months back and they kept giving me the run around, the rep at Morris claimed that their person of contact had not been in, (if the star player gets injured in the game, does the game stop? no, so I figure the same applies to someone running a business) I had gone through 2 reps at Morris because there had been no communication and someone else would have to take over the claim, I finally got somewhat of a reply on their end, by now its been over 3 months just to get them to hear out my complaint and send photos, I had to cancel trips due to holes not being punched and not being able to mount items to my rack. being one of the more expensive racks I expected everything but this to happen im highly disappointed I dont even want this rack anymore, id rather go for the rebel offroad xplor, they said they're working to send me a replacement but have no idea when they can replace it, its been 3 MONTHS ALRDY THE SEASONS HAVE CHANGED IM NOT GOING TO GET BACK THIS LOST TIME. They won't even take it back or give me a refund to save me my times and worries, I have a feeling they won't be able to support all their orders and end up having to refund me anyway. I highly suggest not working with them, seems like their quality control is not up to par I've heard others have qc complaints as well. I've been patient and understanding but I'm furious and highly disappointed, even with a replacement, who's to say this one will be at the standard we expected, and if something were to be wrong with it again, how long will it take for them to make things right. dont waste your money on a company who doesn't deliver, nor abide by moral business ethics.
I just posted this in another thread, but I figure it applies here too.

HH60Driver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Pilot
I agree. Sorry for experience too. After canceling my order after almost 3 months I ordered the Rebel Offroad one. Recieved it in a week (here in Hawaii) and it was perfect. Installed it today. I am actually super glad it worked out like this because I think the Rebel is a much better rack and it fits better (made specifically for the Gladiator).

A0B81095-8A88-40FF-ABC7-02A7D848CC7A.jpeg

31DED3AD-7144-47FB-9929-70F960A963A4.jpeg

Sponsored

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I was really excited about ordering thus rack. Primarily because if the ability to adjust the height. It is very confusing trying to figure out what is in the base rack. After reading the experiences in not confident this is the route to go.

4wd parts has it on sale plus 10% off puts it at a great price.

Any updates on issues and experiences?

OP
OP

jtwhite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was really excited about ordering thus rack. Primarily because if the ability to adjust the height. It is very confusing trying to figure out what is in the base rack. After reading the experiences in not confident this is the route to go.

4wd parts has it on sale plus 10% off puts it at a great price.

Any updates on issues and experiences?
Base Rack is just the rack without the brackets that will attach it to your bed. not sure why they would sell it like that? maybe they figure you have a clamp of your own? doesn't make sense to me but whatever.

I finally got it after along time of waiting not sure how long because I stopped counting. The shipping was another story, I had to pick it up at the shipping facility myself (so called paperwork was incorrect). I also had missing hardware and had to run to home depot to buy carriage bolts. I will not be buying from them anymore.
Sponsored