Rock Crawler, Mall Crawler & ?

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Soooo, I think for the most part we can agree the JT brings a whole new dimension to the Jeep community and rightly deserves an added category. I’m just having fun with this as I think it should be, we have Rock Crawler, Mall Crawler and I believe we should add “Work Crawler” which is the category for my JTR. I bought it primarily as a work truck and I have and will on occasion take it off road. I tend to keep all my vehicles on the cleaner side of things, not as dirty as Rock Crawlers (no offense to those who keep them clean) and not as pristine as some Mall Crawlers therefore I feel I’m right in the middle. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

17EE7919-138A-4B3D-B26A-4F46BECE1372.jpeg
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Nice, I use my JT for work also. Leitner makes a nice bed rack setup, would work to hold the ladder and other long bits.
Cheers

OP
OP
JOKER8R

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Nice, I use my JT for work also. Leitner makes a nice bed rack setup, would work to hold the ladder and other long bits.
Cheers
Nice, I’ll look in to those

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Just refer to it as your jeep, truck, jeeptruck, or JT. Rock crawler is a specific category, mocking the "lifted for looks" crowd people use the term mall crawler, mostly just on the internet (not very often irl). Trying to call your JT, your job crawler, etc irl would catch you looks from the jeep crowd, guaranteed. Plus the term job crawler specifically brings a different image to mind immediately.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So far mine has been a "home improvement crawler" grabbing things from lowes, home depot, menards, etc. All those thinks I could never fit in the JK.

That or the multiple drives a week in a steel mill as part of the work needed to pay for the damned thing.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Soooo, I think for the most part we can agree the JT brings a whole new dimension to the Jeep community and rightly deserves an added category. I’m just having fun with this as I think it should be, we have Rock Crawler, Mall Crawler and I believe we should add “Work Crawler” which is the category for my JTR. I bought it primarily as a work truck and I have and will on occasion take it off road. I tend to keep all my vehicles on the cleaner side of things, not as dirty as Rock Crawlers (no offense to those who keep them clean) and not as pristine as some Mall Crawlers therefore I feel I’m right in the middle. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

17EE7919-138A-4B3D-B26A-4F46BECE1372.jpeg
Yes! Work Crawler.

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
... I bought it primarily as a work truck ...
What's work? Once I get my JT (it's in shipment), I'm using it to get me to places like what I used my JK for the past 12 years. Retired. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

Utah Obscura, May 15, 7_10016, Mark at Maze Overlook.jpg

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Beach Krawler

Unforgiven77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Owner/Operater Trucking
Mine is my everyday driver when I am home. I use it for shopping, home maintance, parts running, fun off road and hunting. I may put less than 4000 miles a year on a truck. Thats only because I travel in my other other truck 180,000 miles a year.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Crawler, Mall Crawler & ? 20200801_105102
Sponsored