Rock Krawler 3.0 X-Factor No Limits

MaximusJTRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Has anyone installed this kit yet? I am looking at adding this and 37/13.5/18or20 Ridge Grapplers on the Rubi. Is it worth the extra $$ for all the extra arms. I would like to see pictures of this setup if anyone has some. Thanks!
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
They posted some pics of it somewhere on here

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Krawler X Factor 3” suspension lift is what I’m going with very shortly.

I spoke to the RK crew as they were driving cross country back from the Pomona, CA show and I’m convinced this is the way to go.

I’ll be adding their bump stops and I’m still looking at shocks and my $$$ budget. Shocks are critical to the vehicle’s performance on and off road.

I had planned on going with the Mopar lift but there’s no point spending that money for a just-ok lift when I can do far better with the Rock Krawler X Factor suspension lift with better (likely adjustable shocks)!

I can’t wait to get it on my JTR with 37’s!

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Finished this install this afternoon. Yes. The arms are worth it. I did the pro-x kit. 3.0 lift with stock ride. 37x13.5x20 ridge grapplers.

4A346A63-C011-475C-8A28-A804FE26FA46.jpeg
Looks really good. I`m very happy with mine.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I’m waiting for the springs and box kit to complete my install. Looking forward to getting it finished.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I finished the install of the Rock Krawler 3” No Limits Pro-X on my JTR and man was it ever worth it.
It’s a radical difference in ride and no longer rides like a truck. I hear the bumps but don’t feel ‘em.
Smoothed the road right out. WoW.
If you can afford it, DO IT.
I’m rolling with Fox 2.5 remote DSC’s in the front and Rancho 9000 adjustables in the rear.
The Rancho’s in the rear are only temporary until Fox makes (or someone can tune a set) for the rear to match the Fronts.
I have the fronts dialed way down for daily driving and what a treat it is to ride in a Jeep that’s like sitting on a cloud.
I like having the option of cranking ‘em up if it gets windy or I’m going to be towing or riding hard. Big smiles here!

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I finished the install of the Rock Krawler 3” No Limits Pro-X on my JTR and man was it ever worth it.
It’s a radical difference in ride and no longer rides like a truck. I hear the bumps but don’t feel ‘em.
I’m rolling with Fox 2.5 remote DSC’s in the front and Rancho 9000 adjustables in the rear.
The Rancho’s in the rear are only temporary until Fox makes (or someone can tune a set) for the rear to match the Fronts.
I have the fronts dialed way down for daily driving and what a treat it is to ride in a Jeep that’s like sitting on a cloud.
I like having the option of cranking ‘em up if it gets windy or I’m going to be towing or riding hard. Big smiles here!
Glad you got it all done. As you have found out the lift really transforms the truck into a really nice driving and capable do it all truck.

Sponsored

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Which model number are you using for the rear shocks? I'm getting all sorts of conflicting information about whether the 9000 even exists for the Gladiator and others providing different model numbers that work.

I'm planning on doing the exact same thing as you (mismatching shocks until Fox gets the rear available). What are your thoughts about the different valving front to back? Are the Rancho's sufficient to get you by for now? Any complaints about the setup you have?

Thanks!

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear Rancho shocks I am using are 9000xl part number RS999304 As shown here.
https://www.gorancho.com/products/s.../rancho-rs9000xl-shock-absorber-rs999304.html
The key to making them fit the rear mounts on the Gladiator was to cut the bushings in the eyelets (LS44 and LS47) using a cutoff wheel since they are too wide to fit in the JT mounting locations. The I.D. Of the bushing is correct for the 14mm bolts used however.
As far as the ride goes, I have no complaints so far other than the Rancho’s are limited in their adjustment and I have not tested them under towing conditions or with a heavy load. They will get me by and do for now. I just contacted Fox again today and requested why I can’t get the 2.5’s in a Piggy Back or even remote like the fronts they have but valved for the rear. Waiting for good explanation. They do make a 2.0 but it does not have the DSC. Now here’s a fun one I popped to em. Jeep is working on a new edition of the JT coming soon called “MOJAVE” and guess what kind of shocks they have on it? Yup, FOX 2.5’s with internal bypass and DSC front and rear.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/4751205/jeep-gladiator-mojave/
Photo of the rear shown here.
I emailed the Fox service department and they know nothing about it. Hmmmmm.
The Mojave is also hinted at on the Jeep website and you can subscribe to be emailed about updates on it’s arrival.
https://www.jeep.com/limited-editions/2020/gladiator/mojave.html
AND THERE’S A LINK TO IT ON FOX’S WEBSITE!!!!! LOL!
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php...adiator+JT&year=2020&position=ALL#truckshocks
Fox don’t know??? Really? WTF?

upload_2020-3-30_20-4-16.png

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The rear Rancho shocks I am using are 9000xl part number RS999304 As shown here.
https://www.gorancho.com/products/s.../rancho-rs9000xl-shock-absorber-rs999304.html
The key to making them fit the rear mounts on the Gladiator was to cut the bushings in the eyelets (LS44 and LS47) using a cutoff wheel since they are too wide to fit in the JT mounting locations. The I.D. Of the bushing is correct for the 14mm bolts used however.
As far as the ride goes, I have no complaints so far other than the Rancho’s are limited in their adjustment and I have not tested them under towing conditions or with a heavy load. They will get me by and do for now. I just contacted Fox again today and requested why I can’t get the 2.5’s in a Piggy Back or even remote like the fronts they have but valved for the rear. Waiting for good explanation. They do make a 2.0 but it does not have the DSC. Now here’s a fun one I popped to em. Jeep is working on a new edition of the JT coming soon called “MOJAVE” and guess what kind of shocks they have on it? Yup, FOX 2.5’s with internal bypass and DSC front and rear.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/4751205/jeep-gladiator-mojave/
Photo of the rear shown here.
I emailed the Fox service department and they know nothing about it. Hmmmmm.
The Mojave is also hinted at on the Jeep website and you can subscribe to be emailed about updates on it’s arrival.
https://www.jeep.com/limited-editions/2020/gladiator/mojave.html
AND THERE’S A LINK TO IT ON FOX’S WEBSITE!!!!! LOL!
https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php...adiator+JT&year=2020&position=ALL#truckshocks
Fox don’t know??? Really? WTF?

upload_2020-3-30_20-4-16.png
Thanks for the info! I ended up calling Rancho and they indicated that they have a rear for the Gladiator, Part # RS999070 and it was in stock. Northridge was the ONLY place that I could find them and they were $54 a piece. At that price I’ll give them a shot and I could throw them away if they end up being no good.

Hopefully Fox gets their stuff together soon! I almost went with the Falcon 3.3 but in my past experience, nothing beats the higher end Fox shocks for on and off road flexibility.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! I ended up calling Rancho and they indicated that they have a rear for the Gladiator, Part # RS999070 and it was in stock. Northridge was the ONLY place that I could find them and they were $54 a piece. At that price I’ll give them a shot and I could throw them away if they end up being no good.

Hopefully Fox gets their stuff together soon! I almost went with the Falcon 3.3 but in my past experience, nothing beats the higher end Fox shocks for on and off road flexibility.
I can’t even find that shock on Rancho’s website.
I had a lot of misinformation from their online catalog. I believe I paid about $125 each for mine. I even ordered a pair based on their catalog and no way did they fit the Gladiator. They were for a Jeep Wrangler JL which is no way the same in the rear as the Gladiator. Make sure they are within RK’s recommended generic collapsed and extended lengths too. Best of luck.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I can’t even find that shock on Rancho’s website.
I had a lot of misinformation from their online catalog. I believe I paid about $125 each for mine. I even ordered a pair based on their catalog and no way did the fit the Gladiator. They were for a Jeep Wrangler JL which is no way the same in the rear as the Gladiator. Best of luck.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/shocks/rs999070-rancho-rs9000-rear-shock-for-3in-lifts

No clue why they are so cheap but, Northridge claims they fit, Rancho claims the same, and supposedly they are in stock. I’m with you, this is going to take some luck to actually come to fruition.
Sponsored