Not open for further replies.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
OK so new issue ... competed the lift and adjusted the steering wheel as expected ... the truck pulls pretty hard to the right and now I have a nasty vibration at anything above 70mph ... WTH ?? Checked the "Driveway Alignment" and it's right at 1/8" difference. At a loss

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
OK so new issue ... competed the lift and adjusted the steering wheel as expected ... the truck pulls pretty hard to the right and now I have a nasty vibration at anything above 70mph ... WTH ?? Checked the "Driveway Alignment" and it's right at 1/8" difference. At a loss
try swapping the front tires left to right. My last set of Toyos had a hard pull initially. Balance could also be off

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Have you centered your front axle to the body with the track bar adjustment?
That needs to be done too as your lift causes the front axle to shift to the right if I recall.
Another issue might be that your control arms are not the proper length.
Even though you did the “Driveway Toe-In” adjustment and that’s within 1/8”
Best thing to do..... get a front end alignment. That will tell you everything that is out.
I thought mine was dialed in perfect after the install.
I was wrong. Really wrong.
Burned up my front OEM MT’s in 5000 miles.
Bought 2 new ones and paid the $80 for an alignment.
Expensive lesson learned.

Last edited:

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Have you centered your front axle to the body with the track bar adjustment?
That needs to be done too as your lift causes the front axle to shift to the right if I recall.
Another issue might be that your control arms are not the proper length.
Even though you did the “Driveway Toe-In” adjustment and that’s within 1/8”
Best thing to do..... get a front end alignment. That will tell you everything that is out.
I thought mine was dialed in perfect after the install.
I was wrong. Really wrong.
Burned up my front OEM MT’s in 5000 miles.
Bought 2 new ones and paid the $80 for an alignment.
Expensive lesson learned.
Took your advice and dropped it off at the local 4WD shop ... don't feel the need to burn up brand new Toyo 37's ... they're not cheap :) Plus, this way I'll know for sure that it's aligned professionally and properly.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Took your advice and dropped it off at the local 4WD shop ... don't feel the need to burn up brand new Toyo 37's ... they're not cheap :) Plus, this way I'll know for sure that it's aligned professionally and properly.
You’ll sleep better too. LOL
Mine handled great after the install and my DIY alignment.
But when I noticed the front tires wearing oddly and increasing tire noise I took it in but it was too late. Pro alignment is cheap insurance. I had mine done at a Belle Tire center.
After the alignment, and 2 new tires, it turned super smooth. No noise, and felt like less turning effort.
ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
1000 mile update. The lift still rides amazing but al of the sudden I have a bad squeak in the rear end. I originally had a squeak when I first installed it but as soon as I greased the real sway bar links it went away. Tried greasing them again and it didn’t help. I also added more grease to the control arms to see if that helped and it didn’t seem to. I got fed up and just started spraying everything with WD40 to get it to go away temporarily. I’m in Moab right now and the squeak was driving me crazy! Since the squeak started 1000 miles after the install I’m thinking it could be related to torque specs. But I torqued the crap out of the bolts (maybe tighter than need be) and marked them with paint to see if anything had come lose. And everything looks good. Where should I start tearing apart? Any thoughts as to what could be squeaking? Sounds like either the shocks or control arms in the rear but hart to pin point.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too am chasing a squeak in the right rear. I haven’t pinned it down yet but I suspect it’s a joint that joins to a frame mount because you hear it a lot from inside the Jeep. I‘ve disconnected the sway bar and bounced on the right rear and it still would squeak so I also thought it was the control arms where they mount to the frame. Greased and lubed everything up and it went away for a short time but it came back again. I recently sprayed a lube onto the sides of the swaybar links, control arm frame joints AND sway bar bushing. Bounced the Jeep up and down to ”work it in” and squeak gone.......... for now. Has to be in the front control arm bushings. Getting grease in them is a PITA because you need to jack up the frame to get the axle to droop and gain access to the fittings. Ugh.

Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I too am chasing a squeak in the right rear. I haven’t pinned it down yet but I suspect it’s a joint that joins to a frame mount because you hear it a lot from inside the Jeep. I‘ve disconnected the sway bar and bounced on the right rear and it still would squeak so I also thought it was the control arms where they mount to the frame. Greased and lubed everything up and it went away for a short time but it came back again. I recently sprayed a lube onto the sides of the swaybar links, control arm frame joints AND sway bar bushing. Bounced the Jeep up and down to ”work it in” and squeak gone.......... for now. Has to be in the front control arm bushings. Getting grease in them is a PITA because you need to jack up the frame to get the axle to droop and gain access to the fittings. Ugh.
I was able to grease my rear control arms using a flex tube on the end of the grease gun. I filled them all up and still squeaks. I’m thinking possible the stock rear lower control arm busing might be the cause. Sprayed it with WD40 and it’s better but there’s still a squeak somewhere.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Spring perch isolators

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spring perch isolators
Upper or Lower or both? What’s the fix?
I’ve sprayed a thin lube near where the springs are seated on the lower mounts but not so sure that’s the source because I’ve had better luck spraying the front joints of the rear control arms (sides of the rubber bushings) and sway bar links and bushings.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Upper or Lower or both? What’s the fix?
I’ve sprayed a thin lube near where the springs are seated on the lower mounts but not so sure that’s the source because I’ve had better luck spraying the front joints of the rear control arms (sides of the rubber bushings) and sway bar links and bushings.
Understood -
Both, make sure the spring is seated in the isolator, and isolator properly seated in the perch.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood -
Both, make sure the spring is seated in the isolator, and isolator properly seated in the perch.
Ugh, that means hoist time to remove the springs and check the seating of the isolators?
Not looking forward to that. I was very careful on the right side upper ad lower to make sure that the dimple on the upper right went into the hole and on the lower that the “F” and “R” were pointing Front and Rear. On the left side my “helper” got the bottom rear one out of rotation 90 degrees and I’ve corrected that. I even reinserted the blue stock separators from the OEM springs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.