Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed the JT 1.5 inch Budget Boost from @Rock Krawler Suspension
Looking at a Rubicon and 35" tires and just want something small and mild that may not require any other changes for now but I'm not sure if this 1.5" lift will provide more than advertised or if I really should just go the 2" Mopar lift I'm trying to avoid for awhile.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The budget boost is a spacer system that uses our style of spring correction pads in the front to compensate for spring bow. Being that it is a spacer, it is exactly 1.5"
And there this doesn’t mess up any of the alignment? I know at 2” you see from arms being replaced etc. to maintain correct geometry. Will this correct rake to or straight 1.5” boost all around?

Still hoping to see a pic of a Rubicon with this installed.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
1.5" all around, no changes to factory rake.

On a Sport, this will have the same geometry as a Rubicon.

I'll see what we have kicking around for pictures.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great, I have the Rubicon so I'd be interested in seeing how it looks on that one specifically.

Sponsored

Jtcunningham

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2015 JKU Sport S
So I have the kit. Actually looking to do my install tonight. I was hoping I could put one set in to use it as a leveling kit 90% of the year and throw the rear puck in for my trips. Also, which is front and rear? Can't find instructions. Or will it be obvious when torn apart?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the kit. Actually looking to do my install tonight. I was hoping I could put one set in to use it as a leveling kit 90% of the year and throw the rear puck in for my trips. Also, which is front and rear? Can't find instructions. Or will it be obvious when torn apart?
Great grab some before and after pictures!
The front ones are taller and narrower, the short fat ones are for the rear.

This link should help:
http://rockkrawler.com/jt-1-5-inch-front-spring-spacer/

Jtcunningham

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tampa. Got the kit installed last night. Found a few videos for other budget boost kits on YouTube. One video did not include removing the rear track bar, it's a real pain if you don't and makes it difficult to get the rear axle low enough to slide the springs in.

My before pictures are sport s suspension with 255/75/17 underneath. My after pictures I swapped in a Rubicon suspension plus the budget boost with 315/70/17. Should give you an accurate representation of what your Rubicon will look like with 35. Not the greatest pictures, by the time Mike it came in at 4 p.m. last night I just wanted to get it on so I rushed and forgot to take a good shot.

IMG_20200408_193648.jpg

IMG_20200427_065044.jpg

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! You'll have to report back on how the ride is. Guess it'll be tough to determine since you also added in the Rubicon suspension but that set up is a really good one so you wouldn't notice a decrease with it. Let us know if you decrease in handling, it's stiffer/softer, feels like it rolls etc.

If you can get a good side shot and front head on shot for us I'm sure that will help others too. I'm contemplating this on my rubi with 35s as noted. It might be just right for my highline rubicon fenders as the Mopar kit tends to add more than just 2" (and that will look funny with 35s).

Jtcunningham

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tampa, had an hour ride home last night. Definitely a bit softer than my max tow springs (but pretty sure that's a well known fact). I had no roll or wandering that I read about. Still have to order my Tazer, so no mileage info yet. I would definitely say my ride is at least to me, comparable to factory comfort. I'll get some better pics up later.

4 hour install, but I had to do the Rubi shocks/springs as well (and they weren't labeled, so I had some research time). Boost kit could probably be done in 2 hours-ish.

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
I'm getting this installed early next week. So I'll post some before/after pics when done and share how it rides. Right now I have stock coils/shocks so it will be a good comparison...

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I am considering this kit and wanted to see of any of you guys had any thoughts after having this installed for a while, and see if anyone had any additional photos of it installed?

I have a Rubicon with 35s and am interested in adding a little bit more room in the wheel wells without having to do a full suspension replacement.

Appreciate any thoughts or info you might have!

Jtcunningham

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am considering this kit and wanted to see of any of you guys had any thoughts after having this installed for a while, and see if anyone had any additional photos of it installed?

I have a Rubicon with 35s and am interested in adding a little bit more room in the wheel wells without having to do a full suspension replacement.

So I reinstalled my rear max tow springs, but I maintained the front rubicon spring and all 4 fox shocks. But I had it off-road in the mountains of PA this week, beat it up pretty good (to the point that I need a ball joint). But I still love the kit. Only reason I'll ever change it out is to go to 37s. Happy with the stance even after adding steel front/rear bumpers and a winch. Ride is good, height is good. I'd still recommend this to anyone. 8k miles and still happy.

PXL_20201031_140858904.jpg

PXL_20201008_193114893.jpg

PXL_20201031_125024268.jpg

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow

@PhantomChameleon - Like @Jtcunningham, I've had zero issues with this kit and still have it installed. It's a very simple kit (it's literally just the 1.5" spacers), but that's a good thing because it's very unlikely you'll have any issues with it.

I do recommend getting an alignment done after you get it installed... I didn't initially get an alignment done, and noticed the steering felt a little off afterwards. Once I had an alignment done it drove just like stock.

So if you're looking for a little bit of extra space in the wheel wells (without changing the whole suspension), this is a no brainer. I say do it!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Awesome info, thank you both! Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Just a couple other questions whenever you have time to respond:

1) Did you install yourself? If so was it pretty easy and were any special tools needed? I'm not very mechanically inclined but am pretty decent at figuring simple stuff out.

2) If you had a shop install, about how much did that cost? I would probably need to buy a floor jack, jack stands, and a torque wrench at least, so wanting to see if it makes more sense to try it myself or have a shop do it. Getting the experience myself does add some value as well but don't want to get in over my head.

3) Did you do any other mods along with the lift? I think the 1.5in is short enough that nothing else is really needed other than the alignment, but wanted to double check and see your experience.

Thanks again for taking the time to share!
Sponsored