Rock Krawler Shocks

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
First Jeep here and so many choices. Think Im settling on the RK Adventure Series. Question is does the upgraded 2.25 shocks worth the premium over the TT package?
JT 3.0 Inch Diesel Adventure "No Limits" System - TT - Rock Krawler Suspension
JT 3.0 Inch Diesel Adventure "No Limits" System - Stage 1 - Rock Krawler Suspension

Also wanted to double check that everything in this package would be reused if I were to upgrade to Ulimate Adventure in the future by adding upper control arms? Just trying to avoid but so much sticker shock..

I had also been eyeing the Rustys 2" kit that seems more complete for the same money. Just seems like linear springs are outdated and assume the ride wouldn't be as good. Any thoughts on talking me out of just going with that kit.

No rock crawling here. East Coaster mainly looking for excellent on road drivability with hitting simple trails and the sand/beach with max speed of 35.
Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I have the stage one kit with the RKS shocks. I have been happy with the kit and like the shocks and springs. I also use mine to rock crawl and do jeep trails. If you are looking at doing basic stuff just get the mopar kit and save a few bucks. At the very minimum i wouldn't get the RKS shocks or the upper control arms if you are doing what you said. That stuff is for more hard core stuff and prolonged runs down many miles of dirt trails. You can split the difference and get some bilstien 5100 shocks.

OP
OP
chesafreak

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
I have the stage one kit with the RKS shocks. I have been happy with the kit and like the shocks and springs. I also use mine to rock crawl and do jeep trails. If you are looking at doing basic stuff just get the mopar kit and save a few bucks. At the very minimum i wouldn't get the RKS shocks or the upper control arms if you are doing what you said. That stuff is for more hard core stuff and prolonged runs down many miles of dirt trails. You can split the difference and get some bilstien 5100 shocks.
Appreciate the insight. Was mainly looking at the RK for the springs that no one else seems to do. Wasnt sure if the upgraded shocks would change the ride much for on street or not. Either way I would look to be completing the kit if not just for OCD of missing out.

DirtyPedro

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Retired Vet
I have the JT30MTNL-DS1 kit from RK and it's definitely worth it.

I would recommend to check the shocks before you install. Mine were low on nitrogen and I didn't know, so now I'm having issues with them. I had them refilled to the correct 100psi per an RK tech but I think from running them low on nitrogen they leaked too much and are now not working correctly. I'm in talks with one of their techs again to hopefully fix this issue and get them replaced since they are still under warranty.
Sponsored