Sponsored

Rock Slide Engineering Spy Photos

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Just ran across this Instagram post. I really like these rails.
I do think I will end up purchasing these. They are so functional and look really great. You can get a version with led lighting to see the step better in the dark too.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
They are one of the first things I plan on buying when I get mine

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Ya'll longer step guys know that's out for like 2 seconds while you climb in, then retracts, right?

The step is utilitarian, get in, get going, bash off rocks if necessary.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Must have big feets.

You know what they say about guys with big feet...

Need big shoes. And steps apparently.

In all seriousness, my hope is that with parts commonality, the cost won't be much different than the JL model. Just a bit longer slider to deal with the longer JT chassis.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I do agree that the step should have been longer. I wonder if those steps will drop down when they open the rear door or is it a front door only setup? It doesn't look like it will be functional for the rear doors...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They work with all 4.

You have to install magnets on the doors. With contacts to trigger the steps. I posted this in the jl forum, but nobody commented except I was dumb.

If I get these, I would want to try ND tie into the proximity system. My Pacifica unlocks the doors as you walk up, before even opening the door. It would be cool that the JT knows I'm going to step in and drops the steps down.

Perhaps the proximity sensor wouldn't work, don't know if it constantly would keep the steps down or needed some kind of timer circuit. Who knows. I'll have to see more of the wiring install on these.

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
You have to install magnets on the doors. With contacts to trigger the steps. I posted this in the jl forum, but nobody commented except I was dumb.

If I get these, I would want to try ND tie into the proximity system. My Pacifica unlocks the doors as you walk up, before even opening the door. It would be cool that the JT knows I'm going to step in and drops the steps down.

Perhaps the proximity sensor wouldn't work, don't know if it constantly would keep the steps down or needed some kind of timer circuit. Who knows. I'll have to see more of the wiring install on these.
You're not dumb.
Kinda special maybe.

Not good?
How about Touched?

No?
k, I got nothing.
you're dumb
I hate your face
go get (another) pedi.
upload_2019-5-27_10-15-39.png

:LOL:
Sponsored