Sponsored

Rock Slide Engineering Step Slider

desertrecon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We would appreciate your thoughts on the Rock Slide Engineering Automatic Step Sliders.

JT-30.jpg

JT-32.jpg
Sponsored

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I realize this is old, but we love ours. I love that they are full length and width from the flares. Keeps a bunch of junk off the doors. In this pic you can kind of compare how much mud would have likely been on the sides based off behind the rear tire.

They are noisy. It doesn't bother me. I have AMP Research steps on my F350 and they are noisy too.

We bought ours through Northridge 4x4 and got a great deal. We called and they gave us a discount just because we asked.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Slide Engineering Step Slider IMG_20200706_154456

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Agree. they are great. I have 3" lift and it's much easier getting in/out of the lifted truck. Also, agree that the full length is nice. Add the skid plate and you have over a 1/4" steel thickness. Very well built.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
We also love ours. if you are going to purchase dont forget the shut off switches for when you take the doors off.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I realize this is old, but we love ours. I love that they are full length and width from the flares. Keeps a bunch of junk off the doors. In this pic you can kind of compare how much mud would have likely been on the sides based off behind the rear tire.

They are noisy. It doesn't bother me. I have AMP Research steps on my F350 and they are noisy too.

We bought ours through Northridge 4x4 and got a great deal. We called and they gave us a discount just because we asked.

So when getting muddy like that how clean does the step surface stay? Like if you got in some deep mud do they fill up with mud really bad? Is there a way to make them stay down with the door closed if you want. Say for cleaning purposed.

Sponsored

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So when getting muddy like that how clean does the step surface stay? Like if you got in some deep mud do they fill up with mud really bad? Is there a way to make them stay down with the door closed if you want. Say for cleaning purposed.

The sliders come with a switch to turn them off. When I cleaned them I opened a door on each side and then flipped the switch to off. In the off position they then stay down when you close the doors so you can clean them.

That said, they hold quite a bit of mud. My actual step surface was still clean in that picture, but it is a large cavity and will hold a lot of mud. Not a big deal...I just sprayed with my pressure washer until they mud was flushed out.

The rear bumper and rear rock rails are actually harder to get clear of mud than the RSE steps are.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

Congrats ! I really like them, they look great ! When does it make noise ? only when going up and down, or does it rattle when driving ?

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. And rig
The sliders come with a switch to turn them off. When I cleaned them I opened a door on each side and then flipped the switch to off. In the off position they then stay down when you close the doors so you can clean them.

That said, they hold quite a bit of mud. My actual step surface was still clean in that picture, but it is a large cavity and will hold a lot of mud. Not a big deal...I just sprayed with my pressure washer until they mud was flushed out.

The rear bumper and rear rock rails are actually harder to get clear of mud than the RSE steps are.
Good to know. Thanks. And right on the rear rock rail and bumper area! Im they type that every time i get muddy i spend an hours under the jeep cleaning. And that area is the WORST! Wonder if anybody makes a ā€œcapā€ (maybe a bad word to use) or plate to kinda seal that area off better.

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Congrats ! I really like them, they look great ! When does it make noise ? only when going up and down, or does it rattle when driving ?
They only make noise when going up and down. They are very solid steps/sliders with no loose movement at all. It is just a very mechanical noise. It doesn't bother me or my wife.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I have these and love ā€˜em. They open and close with a clear clunk. I think of it as being a beefy clunk. If you want sissy quiet, get a Yukon, Tahoe

as for keeping them extended while the door is closed, I just place a foot with a little pressure on the step while closing the door. The step will detect the resistance and stop the retraction. This is intended not to squish a kidā€™s foot, or anything else but works for this purpose as well.

They are pricey but I donā€™t regret this purchase.

Last edited:

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I get a clunk or thud when they close in to place. It doesnt bother me, but took getting use to. They are very solid steps. The pics dont do them justice. When you step on them, the truck moves, not the step.

I dont see how anybody could lift their truck and not have steps of some sort. I installed these before my lift came in. I'm 5'11" and it was helpful getting in and out of a stock Rubicon.
Sponsored