Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
So I was undoing the body mount bolts. The rear and front were easy enough for me to slide the bracket in. As for the middle... The bolt was able to unthread but the washer hole seems too small and would get stuck right before the threads leaving me with only like 2 mil of space. And not allowing me to slide the bracket in.

Should I just take the bolt out completely and figure it out? or force it between the washer and bolt by hammering it in?

kinda stuck.....

please help.

Thanks
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
If I understand you right, the washer is too close to the bolt head. Rockslide says to take a small file and clear up that gap... However, I also read about an install where a guy took a socket that cleared the head bolt and hit the socket a few times to move the washer a little down the threads to create enough gap for the Sliders. I have not installed mine yet, so, I cannot give you any first hand experience.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If I understand you right, the washer is too close to the bolt head. Rockslide says to take a small file and clear up that gap... However, I also read about an install where a guy took a socket that cleared the head bolt and hit the socket a few times to move the washer a little down the threads to create enough gap for the Sliders. I have not installed mine yet, so, I cannot give you any first hand experience.
I will try and file it down today. If not, ill take the whole bolt out and see wtf is going on.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was pretty tight on the middle bracket. I did not have to file, but it did take some finagling to finally pop in.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was pretty tight on the middle bracket. I did not have to file, but it did take some finagling to finally pop in.
I finagled it for like an hr. Wouldnt budge.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
So I was undoing the body mount bolts. The rear and front were easy enough for me to slide the bracket in. As for the middle... The bolt was able to unthread but the washer hole seems too small and would get stuck right before the threads leaving me with only like 2 mil of space. And not allowing me to slide the bracket in.

Should I just take the bolt out completely and figure it out? or force it between the washer and bolt by hammering it in?

kinda stuck.....

please help.

Thanks
When I installed mine, I made sure to do the loosen / tighten sequence (CCW/CW) to ensure the bolts did not bind

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
* my sentences might not be grammatically correct. Its new years eve and im a bit tipsy
I was able to undo the whole bolt (took it out)
And filed the threads down a bit. Driver side fit in easy. Going to connect the wires tomorrow.

Anyways happy new year 🎉

jacksilva

First Name
JackS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 diesel gladiator
Occupation
Retired

kinda stuck.....

please help.

Thanks
I had the same problem I filed a small amount of the threads near the bolt head and I was able to persuade it on

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Had the same problem on the same bolt. I took a rubber mallet and persuaded to go in with out a problem.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same problem on the same bolt. I took a rubber mallet and persuaded to go in with out a problem.
Yea i was able to take the whole bolt out and filed the thread down enough to fit it.
Sponsored