Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
The new to me JT370: New build thread to come
Jeep Gladiator RodReckets Sport S Build Thread 20220921_162658

The old build:
Jeep Gladiator RodReckets Sport S Build Thread 20220410_074205

My first new vehicle and I was able to order it, very exciting. I wanted to build something that was capable, well rounded, and still enjoyable to daily drive. Here's my order list:
Hardtop
6MT
Sting Gray
Tow Package
Cold Weather Package
7" Touch Screen

I had 10 weeks to sit and think about all the mods I wanted to do so here's what my garage looked like prior to my JTs arrival

Jeep Gladiator RodReckets Sport S Build Thread JT Day 1 parts
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Day 1 as I was signing papers the dealer was placing my new tire/wheel combo on my JT. 17x9 Quadratec Hardrock wheel with 285/70/17 BFG KO2s. Here it is pulling out of the dealer lot:

JT Day 1.jpg

Next it was off to my buddies garage to install the Rubicon suspension, rock rails, and access lowrider tonneau. Here's how it sat after 14 miles:

JT day 1 done.jpg

JT rear tonneau.jpg

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Initial Launch Jeep Gladiator
Your build logic is the same as mine though we may have different ideas of "well-rounded". I'll follow your feed to see what you've done. Grey was my choice initially but wasn't offered in the Launch Edition. In the end, I'm pretty happy with what I have. Building mine slow as I'm making double payments to get that expensive beast paid off sooner than later.

Good luck.

Wayne

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Some smaller mods to clean up the look for me. Removed all badges except for the JEEP on the tailgate, replaced the trail rated badge with a black version, and a shorter black antenna. Added door sills and the Jeep slush mats as well
JT shorty antenna.jpg
JT door sill and mats.jpg

View attachment 58580

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Next up was adding a LOD signature series bumper and winch. Went with LOD because the weight was decent (72 lbs), it doesnt stick out very far, hidden winch, and it's subtle looking. Winch is Smittybilt X20 w/ synthetic line. Front end lost about .5"

JT lod front.jpg
JT lod sie.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Wanted to clean up the front end and lift the front end up back to stock height. So, I installed a smittybilt flat hook (removed D rings) and Teraflex 1" spacers up front. I decided on a small spacer after talking to Synergy suspension. Until I add bigger tires (35s or bigger) the amount of bump stop I would have to run with longer springs would limit my up travel. So their recommendation was a coil spacer, easy enough. At this time I also added JKS quick disconnects to the swaybar.
JT finished lod.jpg
JT font end lift.jpg

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
The bed is one of the most important aspects of this build. I use the bed a lot for house projects and want to be able to utilize it for camping. I mixed a hodgepodge of parts to make it right for me. First, I got the bed Line-x'd and added the built right trail rail system. From there I bolted Voodoo engineering uprights to the trail rail system and then reinstalled my tonneau to the trail system. I ended up having to strip the foam from the rail sides and installing some thicker foam cutting out the area around the upright to get a proper seal. Then I added the crossmembers to the uprights. Lastly, I added a Molle panel from builtright.

The idea was to be able easily remove the crossmembers when I need access to the bed, have the rack tall enough to roll the tonneau, and be able to mount my roof top tent below the roof line. It worked about as well as I could've hoped for.
JT bed done.jpg
JT rear angle done.jpg

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
That's about it for now. I am waiting for my license plates still. When those come in I will add a tuffy hinged hawse flip up plate holder to cover the fairlead completely. Otherwise, eventually I will buy a Tazer so I can disable the start/stop and traction control. Eventually I will have bigger tires as well. I also plan to either go LED bulbs or try to find some stock LED headlamps but am in no rush. I'm pretty happy right now. Everything works and I don't feel as though I have lost any drivability but have added a lot more capability.

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Your build logic is the same as mine though we may have different ideas of "well-rounded". I'll follow your feed to see what you've done. Grey was my choice initially but wasn't offered in the Launch Edition. In the end, I'm pretty happy with what I have. Building mine slow as I'm making double payments to get that expensive beast paid off sooner than later..

Good luck.

Wayne
From your profile pic it looks like you bought a Rubi. A lot of capability right from the factory. For me, Sport S was really my only option from a financial standpoint. I've had a JKUR and a ram Powerwagon and knew that as much as I love having the e-lockers I rarely used them. So for now manual swaybar disconnects and rubi suspension will get me by. Maybe air lockers someday but probably not.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Initial Launch Jeep Gladiator
Yeah, I did the math on the LE, JT and decided it was the most cost effective since a built would cost more in the long run. But it was a difficult choice because of the initial price. You've put a lot of thought into it and going about it in a pragmatic way and it looks like you know what you're doing. I can certainly appreciate that.

Not happy with an unfinished wench install on mine and will address it this weekend. I'll post fresh pics when it's done.

Wench.jpeg

Front2.jpeg

Back 2A.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Haven't updated this for a while. Additions include:
Small light bar on bumper
Mopar performance rock rails
JCR rear bumper
Cube lights for rear bumper
Mopar auxiliary switch bank
Gibson phone holder
Oracle Oculus headlights and fogs

20210105_141058.jpg

20210105_141019.jpg

20201213_182958.jpg

Reactions: SKT

JWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey, how do u like the JCR rear bumper? Do you ever tow with it? What kind of Hitch do you have to work with it?

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Hey, how do u like the JCR rear bumper? Do you ever tow with it? What kind of Hitch do you have to work with it?
I like the JCR bumper. Aesthetically, I think it's the best looking bumper on the market that incorporates a must have for me: wrap around bed side protection. There was an issue with my initial bumper having an odd twist in the side protection. JCRs customer service was great and they took care of me and sent a new one.

I have not towed anything since installing the bumper but I have no doubts in its strength.

The flip up license plate looks awesome but is inconvenient when using the hitch receiver. I have a drop hitch that works with the bumper. The bonus is gaining the ground clearance.

Overall I offroad more than I tow so the features it incorporates is worth the few inconveniences for me.