Rookie to new anything orders..

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Hi everyone! I'm 100% new to potentially ordering/buying a new car. I've always purchased used, mostly from private party sales. Love my XJs and WJs....but it's time to get the best of both worlds, so I'll be replacing my F150 and XJ....for one saweeet gladiator. My questions are, i was told a color that is available on the JL already, may not be available for the JT until next year...(sting gray). Is this true? Is there a way to find out when the color is available to order? And my other question is i keep seeing people discuss pricing at or below invoice. I understand invoice is below msrp....which is what i see when i "build my own" on the jeep site....and what is shown on the window sticker....so how does someone find out what invoice is before going to the dealer to negotiate? Thanks kn advance and sorry for my novice questions, wasn't sure where else to ask.
Sponsored

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Sting gray is a late availability color, no ETA. you can ask your dealer what invoice is or you can lookup some of the threads on it.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Do your homework. Search the forum and the JL forum for the best dealer near or far from you to place your order.

If you spend the time you’ll pay below invoice. Also, get your Tread Lightly membership lined up. Dealers get backend money for that which lowers your purchase price.

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been reading up on the tread lightly discount and some of the out of state dealers giving up to a total of 7% i just wasnt sure how to find out what invoice is. Thanks for the quick replies. As much as i want to go order right now, i want that gray color so it looks like im stuck waiting! Haha.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I have been reading up on the tread lightly discount and some of the out of state dealers giving up to a total of 7% i just wasnt sure how to find out what invoice is. Thanks for the quick replies. As much as i want to go order right now, i want that gray color so it looks like im stuck waiting! Haha.
Use the Xcel worksheet on page one of this thread, its not hard, read the directions and once you figure it out its awesome. Works really well.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-pricing-calculator-worksheet.15009/

I didn’t build it. Credit to the OP, forgot who it was at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Use the Xcel worksheet on page one of this thread, its not hard, read the directions and once you figure it out its awesome. Works really well.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gladiator-pricing-calculator-worksheet.15009/

I didn’t build it. Credit to the OP, forgot who it was at the moment.
also in the ordering, pricing section there is a sticky thread for the JT order guide....has invoice prices for everything as well as an option matrix

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"