Sponsored

RSE Slider Steps

upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How many people have them and do you have any issues? I hear the magnets or motors can fail causing issues. Maybe it was an earlier generation. Want to see what everyone says before I drop $$ on them.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I love them! Mine are the Gen 2 steps. I’ve had them for over two years - actually bought them before my gladiator was delivered. The biggest pain is bolting them on - you have to loosen the body bolts. One of my gladiator’s body bolts seized and I had to get someone to professionally remove it before I could finish the install.

Within the first year, I had to have one of the motors replaced 10 days before the 1 year warranty was up. They sent the part out quickly - the worst part was taking off the 20 or so nuts that secure the steps to the truck

About two months ago the passenger side air piston lost pressure and I had to remove the entire step and replace.

You should also be aware they are very heavy and will reduce your carrying capacity.

This sounds like a lot of negatives, but here are the positives:
- they’re really strong and take a beating without your gladiator taking the beating
- they stick out even(parallel?) with your tire fenders and protect your gladiator from door dings
- I get lots of compliments about them.
- I think they’re better/stronger/beefier than other mechanical steps.
- the platform is great for standing on to clean the top of the roof.
- they kind of act like mud flaps because they prevent a lot of the dirt from the front tires getting onto the sides of the truck. As a result, I have much less hinge paint chipping than it seems other people do.

the Gen 3 sliders seem to have longer steps which gives more step for the rear doors.

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had a set of Gen 3 steps on for a few months now. They have worked perfectly. Yes, they are expensive but worth every dime in my book. The Gen 3 install is worlds simple than previous versions. Get the LED lights too. I have a friend with a set of the Gen 2 and they have been working without issues for 2 years now.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Gen 3 steps + skid plate kit..works great no regrets, buy once cry once as they say! Think they worked out the issues since Gen 1 steps came out, just make sure you lube them every so often.
Jeep Gladiator RSE Slider Steps 1672020642881
Sponsored