RSI Smartcap and awnings

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have a Smartcap on order and was wondering if anyone has installed an OVS 270 awning on their smartcap. If so can you guys share pictures of it and experience with the setup, TIA.
Sponsored

OP
OP

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I order it from Backwoods Adventure Mods, but you can order it from several other websites or local store. The ETA is Sept. 2021.

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you order your cap from and what’s the estimated ship date?
I ordered from Offroad Alliance last July when the SmartCap was introduced. It saved me the Sales Tax, and was shipped at no cost to me.

GobiJT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
UPS
I ordered from Offroad Alliance last July when the SmartCap was introduced. It saved me the Sales Tax, and was shipped at no cost to me.
How did you get free shipping? I talked with someone at Offroad Alliance today and he said I had to pay shipping.

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I dont have the rsi smartcap but i purchased the awning 2 months ago. Its arrived damaged with the wrong side walls and took 2 months. Waiting for replacement, only reason ive waited patiently is because i got the awning with all 3 walls delivered for a little over 1300. Retail is 1699 now before delivery and taxes. Looks like a great, quality awning though.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get free shipping? I talked with someone at Offroad Alliance today and he said I had to pay shipping.
It may have been part of the introduction promotion. It's expensive enough that shipping should be included. Does it charge Shipping if you do an online order from the website?

GobiJT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
UPS
It may have been part of the introduction promotion. It's expensive enough that shipping should be included. Does it charge Shipping if you do an online order from the website?
I dont' know. I just talked to someone at offroad alliance. He said shipping would be atleast $200.

OP
OP

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I dont have the rsi smartcap but i purchased the awning 2 months ago. Its arrived damaged with the wrong side walls and took 2 months. Waiting for replacement, only reason ive waited patiently is because i got the awning with all 3 walls delivered for a little over 1300. Retail is 1699 now before delivery and taxes. Looks like a great, quality awning though.
Can you share a picture of it installed?
Mine is on the way and paid $750 (no walls) but O am still waiting on the Smartcap and the rack.

Last edited:

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Well this thread fizzled out quick.
no info regarding the ovs or pics really?

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you use the awning mounts to the top of your rack? I have a Frontrunner slimline rack and the mounts are designed to mount on the underside, but then I can't open the side door without hitting. What rack do you have?

OP
OP

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have an RSI rack and the awning mounts on top, depending on how far out or high the door might hit the cover but it is not a big deal. The door will open up almost all the way.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an RSI rack and the awning mounts on top, depending on how far out or high the door might hit the cover but it is not a big deal. The door will open up almost all the way.
Thanks. OVS responded that they recommend adding HDPE spacers on the top of the rails of the Frontrunner rack. That will allow for their mounts to attach up top rather than under the rack and thus should provide more clearance for the side doors.

RoninJT

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/2023 Gladiator Rubicon order
Occupation
Nurse
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap and awnings F679BB75-FA29-450E-848D-AF8AF7F8E9B2

Rhino Rack Batwing with some load bars and their brackets. Still able to open the side door.
Sponsored