Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pondering a traction board mount...
That'd be a solid place honestly. Or perhaps for a low profile on board water tank, depending on the weight capacity of that hardware. Hmm...
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Hops , don't put the water tank up high, you already have that rack and tent, center of gravity is a real thing, water tanks should go low and across front of bed if possible, the roof is rated for 330lbs. static, adding even five gallons to underside of rack adds up....Jack

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hops , don't put the water tank up high, you already have that rack and tent, center of gravity is a real thing, water tanks should go low and across front of bed if possible, the roof is rated for 330lbs. static, adding even five gallons to underside of rack adds up....Jack
Jack,

Correction: The roof is rated for 330 dynamic, and 770 static*

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely aware of the issue of my rising center of gravity. That's one of the main reasons why I've chosen to forego a significant lift (I may do 2" tops down the road after I feel out the setup in its current state). Unfortunately I think that's a compromise (within reason, of course) that needs to be made when you start to run out of room. I do have a *lot* of weight down low, with two steel bumpers, rock sliders, and two (one now, one I'll implement sometime next year) winches, along with the load in the bed when I'm on trips, so that "helps" some. I've been doing my best to balance things out as I plan, but something has to give when space is finite.

My initial idea for water was something under the rear seat, but I haven't found anything that fits the bill just yet. I thought about the bulkhead too as you mentioned, but I wanted to keep all of my recovery gear secure and accessible so that filled that spot. My primary option now is to locate fluids on top of my eventual front roof rack along with spare fuel. That'll obviously add a fair bit of weight, and will likely shift my vertical center of gravity a bit higher, but it should help to centralize it horizontally, since most of my excess weight right now is in the rear. Until then, I have several 5 gallon collapsible water bladders that I will carry in the bed.

Anyway, I said all of that to say--center of gravity is something I've definitely considered, and will continue to consider. The way I use my vehicle, I'm not typically approaching those types of critical angles, but I absolutely do agree with you.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you referring to the Frontrunner anchors for the RSI tracks? If so, utilize their live chat. They're super helpful. When I ordered, they had them in stock, but they weren't on the site just yet.

EDIT: Part number for the RSI track anchors for Frontrunner racks are in the post below.
yeah. Have had a quote for bars and feet since black Friday...simply waiting for them to be back in stock.

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
Jealously sitting here reading this thread, succumbed to the notion that I'll get my topper when I get it. Sent an email a week back to my local supplier and no response until this morning: "I have a e-mail sent over to my supplier to get an ETA. Once they let me know I will contact you"

Phone just rang... "come pick it up, we just offloaded it at the shop!"

Not. Expecting. That!!! Ordered 10/20. Pics on String Ray Rubi coming in a few days!!!

Sponsored

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jealously sitting here reading this thread, succumbed to the notion that I'll get my topper when I get it. Sent an email a week back to my local supplier and no response until this morning: "I have a e-mail sent over to my supplier to get an ETA. Once they let me know I will contact you"

Phone just rang... "come pick it up, we just offloaded it at the shop!"

Not. Expecting. That!!! Ordered 10/20. Pics on String Ray Rubi coming in a few days!!!
10/20?!?! im gonna assume distribution was thru Offroad Alliance and not through Keystone? Meanwhile still sitting over here waiting since 8/4... @RSI North America Inc is it me or is Offroad Alliance the only one getting units out to their customers??? Got an email from Keystone this week saying “it was a new sku number and had no idea on ETA, still awaiting shipment”

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
10/20?!?! im gonna assume distribution was thru Offroad Alliance and not through Keystone? Meanwhile still sitting over here waiting since 8/4... @RSI North America Inc is it me or is Offroad Alliance the only one getting units out to their customers??? Got an email from Keystone this week saying “it was a new sku number and had no idea on ETA, still awaiting shipment”
Don't hate me.... A&A Toppers in Lakewood, CO is a Keystone distributor. I confirmed when I was there just now. I have no idea how they are prioritizing shipping and neither did A&A. I was their only recent Gladiator order though. There were other RSI Toppers in the shipment.

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't hate me.... A&A Toppers in Lakewood, CO is a Keystone distributor. I confirmed when I was there just now. I have no idea how they are prioritizing shipping and neither did A&A. I was their only recent Gladiator order though. There were other RSI Toppers in the shipment.
no hate at all. haha. just a bunch of jealousy and maybe some frustration with keystone. talk about a head scratcher...

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
no hate at all. haha. just a bunch of jealousy and maybe some frustration with keystone. talk about a head scratcher...
I rode that envy train since the first person posted pictures. I actually hesitated before clicking the post button when mine arrived. The wait sucks. I would say it was almost as bad as the wait when I custom ordered the Jeep rather than pick one off the lot.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Off-road Alliance uses Keystone as their distributor. As far as I’m aware, Keystone is handling ALL of the distribution in the USA. Just FYI.

Also, Frontrunner is still out of stock on the stud plates. I ordered load bars with the regular ones and will just modify them to fit. It’s not much of a difference (and even what the Frontrunner rep did with their own). It is frustrating that RSI claims their mounting channels are “standard”, when they clearly are not. Thule stud plates are also too wide. Luckily, it’s an easy fix.

Sponsored

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Off-road Alliance uses Keystone as their distributor. As far as I’m aware, Keystone is handling ALL of the distribution in the USA. Just FYI.

Also, Frontrunner is still out of stock on the stud plates. I ordered load bars with the regular ones and will just modify them to fit. It’s not much of a difference (and even what the Frontrunner rep did with their own). It is frustrating that RSI claims their mounting channels are “standard”, when they clearly are not. Thule stud plates are also too wide. Luckily, it’s an easy fix.
Which Loadbars did you go with? You may have said, so forgive the redundancy.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got an email yesterday showing mine came in finally. I ordered through Offroad Alliance in Aug and paid fully in Oct. OA says the tops come in through New Jersey and get sent out to all the distributors from there. I'm assuming all through Keystone. They got a shipment in and slowly coming in since last weekend. I wasn't happy at first hearing people who preordered after I fully paid getting theirs before me. A lot of the orders don't make sense. I was assured they are coming in but that's all they said. I'm supposed to get mine Monday. It will be on my soft top Sport S. I will post pics as there aren't really any with soft tops.

bquiz

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well my local dealer made a call to his keystone rep today. not the most promising news, but better than nothing i suppose. apparently my topper is in their CA warehouse being shipped out with an “ETA” of Dec. 23. Hoping for a Christmas miracle. haha. from the sounds of it tho, will be well worth the almost 5 month wait. 🤞

Anyone recall who thought they received theirs with the new 9/16” pads? has that been verified yet? trying to figure out if I’ll need to get my hands on some before the topper gets here. @RSI North America Inc do you guys have replacement pads available yet? Thanks.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Mine didn't come with extra pads either. Interested to know if the people that uses 1/2" pad was able to make it work by shaving it down.
That’s because the initial units were shipped before a clearance issue was discovered. Any dense rubber material that is approximately 1.5” square and approximately 9/16” (or slightly thicker), mounted at the rear corners will work. It’s only purpose is to act as a spacer.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Adding a Pad By Tailgate

Last edited:

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
well my local dealer made a call to his keystone rep today. not the most promising news, but better than nothing i suppose. apparently my topper is in their CA warehouse being shipped out with an “ETA” of Dec. 23. Hoping for a Christmas miracle. haha. from the sounds of it tho, will be well worth the almost 5 month wait. 🤞

Anyone recall who thought they received theirs with the new 9/16” pads? has that been verified yet? trying to figure out if I’ll need to get my hands on some before the topper gets here. @RSI North America Inc do you guys have replacement pads available yet? Thanks.
We don't have them available as of yet. The fastest way is to go to a local hardware store and search for a high-density foam or rubber product. We recommend it be something that is around 1.5" square and as you mentioned 9/16" tall.
Sponsored

Last edited: