Sponsored

Rubicon Active Safety Group

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
I'm down to the last detail ordering my Rubicon. So far I'm getting almost every option but leaving off the Adaptive Cruise and Smokers package.
My question is regarding the Active Safety Group and if some of you can review it for me.
Also - I'm already doing the LED package, so am I paying extra / twice for the LED tail lamps??
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have everything on my Overland, except for the Smoker's Package and Block Heater. I would have added both if I ordered it (no, I don't smoke, so I don't carry a lighter or matches). It will be two years in July, and I would do it again. The Adaptive Cruise Control is great for traffic, and provides an extra margin of safety for highway travel. The Active Safety group helps you watch out for the other idiots on the road. There are those that complain and call them Nannies, but I'll take any available assistance to get me home in one piece. Also, check with the insurance company. The discounts may offset the costs, even if you disable the features and never use them.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My JL has blind spot monitor and backup sensors. But I passed on the adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning. The FCW tended to overreact and freak out on prior FCA vehicles I owned.

FCA just doesn't have the best track record with electrical stuff. They can’t even make a good auxiliary battery charging system.

This type of technology relies on too many sensors that will stop working one day; more so on a vehicle built for the trail.

If you are going to lease the truck, I’d say sure, get it if you want. But if you plan to keep the truck, I’d steer away from unnecessary fragility and complexity.

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
Ours has all the features. Let me put it this way, it’s similar to autopilot on an aircraft with TCAS, TAWS and a RA. It just relieves loads so you can be more vigilant. After 6 months, I’ve only had one false, a bridge stack in San Antonio, access road, southbound 1604/281. The FCA flashes but doesn’t freak out, but it will do it every time ! I’m thankful for the thousands of times it’s worked properly and I’d rather it alert false than not at all.
Sponsored