Sponsored

Rubicon dash color(Mid-Bolster?)

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I really want a Mojito! JLR with a red dash. Wondering if there is a way to order it that way or how hard is it to change myself? I have seen a pic of an Ocean Blue JLR with a Body color matching mid-bolster( I think that is what it's called).
Sponsored

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
I really want a Mojito! JLR with a red dash. Wondering if there is a way to order it that way or how hard is it to change myself? I have seen a pic of an Ocean Blue JLR with a Body color matching mid-bolster( I think that is what it's called).
I have a red but don’t love it and would consider trading for the gray.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Order a Rubi with Leather and you get a red dash I believe. Cloth seats come with a gray/silver

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Yeah, there’s got to be a part # for it. No idea how easy or difficult it is to replace

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Order a Rubi with Leather and you get a red dash I believe. Cloth seats come with a gray/silver
Black leather or cloth comes with red.
Tan leather comes with silver

HOWEVER. Mojito and Punkn come with silver no matter what color seats.

Sponsored

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Black leather or cloth comes with red.
Tan leather comes with silver

HOWEVER. Mojito and Punkn come with silver no matter what color seats.
Did not realize their paint code changed their dash options from the others. My bad.

OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I found a video of dash removal. The guy wrapped the mid-bolster but just as easy as replacing it. Did look to hard to do. If I order Mojito! I will change it

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I found a video of dash removal. The guy wrapped the mid-bolster but just as easy as replacing it. Did look to hard to do. If I order Mojito! I will change it
I think that’s something the aftermarket will eventually get into. Body colors, carbon fiber, graphics, murals, etc. Lots of possibilities there.

Mimmy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jk
I think my hella yella with black leather is going to have red..dont think I'm going to like it

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Sure you could just replace it the OEM panel that's red. You'll just need the VIN # of a model that has the red panel work with the parts department to get what you need.

Another thought I'll throw out there, instead of just replacing with the red OEM panel, why not do something that would be unique to your Jeep. Have it painted, have it wrapped in the color vinyl of your choice or even have it hydro dipped.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Find someone with red who wants silver and swap. That's what I'll be doing.

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon, Subaru Outback
I own a Rubi with tan leather and it doesn't have the red dash. Maybe you need the black leather?

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Can you share the link to the video?

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
IMO If im dropping like $60K CDN on a vehicle I dont want to be told what color seats or interior comes with a certain color. If Rubicon has the Red dash and you offer Leather in Black then I feel I should be able to order a Mojito/Punk'n with Black leather and red dash. its not like they dont offer those parts.
I wanted the Mojito initially but firstly it wasnt availble in Canada at the time. Punk'n was but when he selected that color the Black leather was automatically changed to Tan and the dash went to silver.

Needless to say Im not a fan of Tan interior and I liked the red accents. So those 2 colors were immedietly removed for me
Sponsored