Sponsored

Rubicon Express 4.5/5.5" Sport Suspension Lift Kit or Other Suggestions??

eckerya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Looking to lift my 2020 Gladiator Overland and was looking for a good quality kit that will give me 4.5 -5" of lift since I dont have rubicon fenders that will allow me to run 38 x 13.50s and have some flex for trail riding and light crawling activity. Not looking to spend the Evo Mfg money for the full setup there as cost is certianly a factor. Wondering if anyone has experience with the RE lifts and or suggestions as to what the best route to go would be to achieve the lift I am looking for. Thought about doing the RC 6" lift and just swapping out shocks or possible the Skyjacker 4.5" lift and swapping out shocks there as well for Fox 2.0 shocks and adding in a new driveshaft. Open to any/all suggestions!?

IMG_3753.jpg
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't like the idea of 50K Jeeps with 500 dollar lifts. Its worth it to get a good quality lift.
As a bang fr buck shopper I agree... But I also question why people but king external res shocks on mall crawlers with 6" spacer lifts

OP
OP
eckerya

eckerya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a bang fr buck shopper I agree... But I also question why people but king external res shocks on mall crawlers with 6" spacer lifts
That was why I was leaning for the RE 4.5/5.5" lift kit that was recently released. It seemed to be a good quality lift, Fox 2.0 shocks which are good quality and included the front driveshaft and track bar in the kit for like 2,500. Figured if I were gonna spend 1,500 on a lift with mixed reviews at best spending the 2,500 for RE lift would be smarter and save me more money in the long run. Being new to Jeep though i dont know what the best quality lift kits are that will allow for some light crawling/trail riding but also function well as my daily driver with a 35 mile commute each way on the highway. Came from a full size GMC Sierra 1500 Tuscany Black Ops with a 6" lift so now moving to Jeep i miss the height but want to be smart about the right height to stability ratio also and I want quality not junk.

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S
I really don't like the idea of 50K Jeeps with 500 dollar lifts. Its worth it to get a good quality lift.
What are the weak points of that lift then? Other than price. I keep seeing people say this about cheaper lifts but no one explaining what is exactly worse about it.... if it’s just a lack of components, say control arms, then that’s not necessarily a quality issue. Just need a couple more things.

For example... exodus jeeps says the Skyjacker 4.5 kit is good but could use a new driveshaft if you wheel heavily.

Evo is great and RK is great... but not all of us see the value in spending that much for a kit when we are DDing our vehicle and not wheeling much.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything but I just know that, like me, there are a lot of people that come here to research and I get frustrated when I don’t see people giving specifics. It makes me feel like the only specific is that it’s not made by evo and that’s why.

This isn’t directed at you, I’m just saying in general because I see this comment a lot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
eckerya

eckerya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the weak points of that lift then? Other than price. I keep seeing people say this about cheaper lifts but no one explaining what is exactly worse about it.... if it’s just a lack of components, say control arms, then that’s not necessarily a quality issue. Just need a couple more things.

For example... exodus jeeps says the Skyjacker 4.5 kit is good but could use a new driveshaft if you wheel heavily.

Evo is great and RK is great... but not all of us see the value in spending that much for a kit when we are DDing our vehicle and not wheeling much.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything but I just know that, like me, there are a lot of people that come here to research and I get frustrated when I don’t see people giving specifics. It makes me feel like the only specific is that it’s not made by evo and that’s why.

This isn’t directed at you, I’m just saying in general because I see this comment a lot.
I 100% agree with you and thats why I made this post was part question as well. I have been scouring everywhere trying to find what the best hybrid option would be taking EVERYTHING into account because i do want to be able to have fun and go do light crawling or trail rides but at the same time I will likely never be full flex nor doing it frequently enough, at least in the near future to warrant the expense of a serious crawler. Plus this is my daily driver so I dont see the point in putting overly expensive parts in it that will wear out in the same amount of time as much less expensive kits due to daily driving stress and crappy Ohio roads. I wouldnt get my moneys worth out of an expensive crawling kit for a vehicle that spends 90-95% of the time on the highway. I have heard issues with RC and Skyjacker shocks that they are TERRIBLE so I knew to stay away from that. Liked the look of the RC 6" inch lift but didnt know if I wanted to risk the high center of gravity that creates. I have heard good things about their driveshaft and steering stabilizers but not sure on their coils either. My concern there is wanting to maintain factory or as close to factory of payload and towing for when I do want to use my truck as a truck to haul or tow. So, when I looked at pricing, height, abilityies, read my reviews and otherwise. I was left with the Skyjacker 4.5 Long Arm or the RE 4.5/5.5. Sport Lift. Knowing Skyjacker was gonna run around 1,300 plus upgrading to Fox Shocks or better i was looking at another 600-800 then getting a new driveshaft as well to alleviate any potential issues I would have and err on the side of safer than sorry i was looking at about 2,500. For a kit that would be complete. Meaning all angles and everything were back to normal and operating ideally. I am looking for support on brands though. Suggestions on which route would be best or smartest. I did like that the RE sport lift was upgradeable to the super-flex system there if later down the road i chose to do that. Something similar to Evo however much less costly for much more complete kit.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

Ride quality...either in an initial drop in ride quality or the lift just sinks and goes to shit quickly.

OP
OP
eckerya

eckerya

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ride quality...either in an initial drop in ride quality or the lift just sinks and goes to shit quickly.
Which one are you saying has that issue? Skyjacker or Rubicon Express or RC?
Sponsored