Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Back in November when this was all launched I think they had said that the Max Tow package got over-sized brakes, as did the Rubicon... but now when I'm looking on the configurator it doesn't mention brakes at all. Has anyone confirmed if the brake rotors are larger on the Rubicon? on the Sport S Max Tow vs Sport S?
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Back in November when this was all launched I think they had said that the Max Tow package got over-sized brakes, as did the Rubicon... but now when I'm looking on the configurator it doesn't mention brakes at all. Has anyone confirmed if the brake rotors are larger on the Rubicon? on the Sport S Max Tow vs Sport S?
Resurrecting this post as I just asked it on another thread.

I’ve also inquired with my local dealer and am waiting to hear back.

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I will say that the Rubicon rear brakes fill up the 17 inch wheel. There is very little room for the wheel weights and they need to be in the correct location or they will get into the caliper.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I will say that the Rubicon rear brakes fill up the 17 inch wheel. There is very little room for the wheel weights and they need to be in the correct location or they will get into the caliper.
I got a call back from the dealer. They admitted they had no idea about the breaks. They said essentially what I echoed, I swear I saw HD Brakes on the max tow package but it isn’t listed anymore when you look at the break down.

They DID however confirm the brake pads are a different part number for the Max Tow than on the rubicon. So that would be confirmation that there are different “beefier” brakes to some extent. It’s just not known if it’s bigger breaks (ie calipers) or perhaps a bigger/better break pad.

I asked for the two part numbers, hope to investigate further once I get them.