Sponsored

Rubicon Rear Bumper on Overland. What needs to be modified?

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I remember discussion on this as I don’t have the Rubicon bed side guards, but I can’t find it anywhere by searching. Or do I have it backwards and there was discussion on adding the Rubicon side protection to a non Rubicon?

Does it bolt right on in place of my Overland bumper? I know they have the tow hooks and I can and will address that. Anything else need to be done? I’m double checking before I order a Rubicon steel rear bumper. There was an incident...

I patched it up a bit before I can install the new bumper. It should be steel anyway, it’s the first truck I’ve even owned without a steel rear bumper.

C9E03D56-1A54-450B-84ED-CE9208C11FD5.jpeg
D19329E6-F16F-4C14-BEED-8FF849AEF1C1.jpeg
Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
It is direct bolt on. There really isn’t anything you need to modify.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It is direct bolt on. There really isn’t anything you need to modify.
Good to know. Thank you for the response. Hopefully, it doesn’t look off without the Rubicon rear bumper skid/slider deal. I saw that the bumper has a cut out for it. I guess I’ll be getting that eventually.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Does anyone know the part number for the Rubicon rear bumper with parking sensor accommodations? The one I thought I was going to buy doesn’t have the parking sensor holes. 82215634AB Doesn’t have the holes. I guess I could measure and drill if anyone knows the hole size and one isn’t available for a similar size.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the part number for the Rubicon rear bumper with parking sensor accommodations? The one I thought I was going to buy doesn’t have the parking sensor holes. 82215634AB Doesn’t have the holes. I guess I could measure and drill if anyone knows the hole size and one isn’t available for a similar size.
you should be able to call any random dealership and talk to their parts folks and once you have the part number....move on to a different site to get it cheaper

wish i could be more help. Good luck my dude!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
you should be able to call any random dealership and talk to their parts folks and once you have the part number....move on to a different site to get it cheaper

wish i could be more help. Good luck my dude!
No worries and thank you. I was just thinking that a friend of mines brother works in parts at a local Jeep dealership. I’ll hit him up tomorrow. I was really half asking because I hope there is a bumper available as an accessory with the parking sensor holes. The reason that I say that is in my limited research shows that it appears the Rubicon bumper is a good deal because it comes with everything you need in one part number vs ordering a stock replacement and all of the broken shit on mine. It adds up and makes the Rubicon bumper a good deal as a mopar accessory vs crash replacement stuff.

Last edited:

Gavidoc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, TJ Columbia
Nothing needs to be modified but there are some differences with the park assist. The sensors are the same but the brackets are different. Plus you will need two rivnuts and bolts to mount the bottom of the bumper to the hitch.
Learning this from experience as I’ve now mounted and dismounted my rubicon bumper from my overland twice as I’ve figured this out.

not 100% sure but these are the parts I’ve ordered that I think will be the correct ones.

park distance bezels:

6UD40RXFAA
6UD41RXFAA
6UD41RXFAA
6UD42RXFAA

Park assist brackets
68341888AA
68341889AA
68341892AA
68341893AA

Screws and rivnuts (2 of each)
6512896AA
6511076AA

Once all the parts arrive I’ll let you know if everything is as it should be.

I also purchased a 2nd black tow hook for the right side as I didn’t go for rubicon ones.
68334733AA

The bolts to mount it are:
6508668AA

Gavidoc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, TJ Columbia
So I got all the parts listed above and yes, those are what you need. Installing the sensors though was a major PITA.