rubicon suspension on sport S having issues

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
so im having an issue with the rubicon suspension swap on my sport s. i put the 68341451ac on driver rear and 450ac on passenger. i noticed a banging noise coming from driver rear side as i go over bumps. got under the car and had my friend push the car up and down and noticed that the noise is the result of the second ring from the top coming in contact with the first ring of the spring as the spring is compressed. i dont have this issue on the passenger side. i put a piece of cardboard between the two rings to see if this is the root cause and sure enough the noise has gone away. i know someone mentioned that the lower number should go on the driver side and higher number on the pasenger side and im wondering if this is the issue?
Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey yes the higher number spring goes on the passenger side because that’s the gas tank side. So you need to swap them.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
And make sure you’re upper isolators are clocked right above your springs they have rubber tabs that go into the spring bucket.

OP
OP

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks I believe The issue was the blue pads on the spring rings that were missing from the set I bought. I guess the function of them is to dampen the noise as the spring rings come in contact under compression
Sponsored