BodhiMac

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Just putting this out there.

Plan on getting a Sport S, so i’ll Need a rubicon takeoff suspension once you guys start lifting your Rubi’s.
Sponsored

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
X2!

Great idea @BodhiMac !

Anything you Rubicon guys take off send it to BodhiMac and I.

marcram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep WK Diesel
I wonder about the kits available. Seems the Mopar JL suspension lift kit offers the fox struts as an upgrade, but the Rubicon JT already offers a substantial suspension upgrade with the fox pieces included. Does this mean Mopar will offer a body lift kit for the Rubicon JT as well? Suspension seems pretty specialized already from factory for the Rubicon.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm not interested in adding 2 inches of lift at this point. I'm only wanting the 33" tires and want to stay as close to factory settings as possible... which makes the Rubicon takeoffs appealing. It'd be nice if they offered a Mopar 0" lift, tuned suspension setup.

All that being said, the Sport/Sport S are at least gas shocks... my original JKU Sport S shocks were oil and complete crap. So much bump steer and general jarring when driving down the road. If they suck like that on the Gladiator then i might just pick up the Metalcloak kit after driving for a year.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I'm not interested in adding 2 inches of lift at this point. I'm only wanting the 33" tires and want to stay as close to factory settings as possible... which makes the Rubicon takeoffs appealing. It'd be nice if they offered a Mopar 0" lift, tuned suspension setup.

All that being said, the Sport/Sport S are at least gas shocks... my original JKU Sport S shocks were oil and complete crap. So much bump steer and general jarring when driving down the road. If they suck like that on the Gladiator then i might just pick up the Metalcloak kit after driving for a year.
They do have a Mopar 0" lift with tuned suspension it only comes on the Rubicon though. Seriously I will be lifting my rubicon before I take delivery, not sure if I'm going to keep the stock suspension and wheels yet, never have before though. So if your interested I can let you know when I have everything. The plan right now is waiting for Sting Gray.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
They do have a Mopar 0" lift with tuned suspension it only comes on the Rubicon though. Seriously I will be lifting my rubicon before I take delivery, not sure if I'm going to keep the stock suspension and wheels yet, never have before though. So if your interested I can let you know when I have everything. The plan right now is waiting for Sting Gray.
I'm interested and also waiting for Sting Gray. (c:

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome well hopefully we will take delivery at the same time, If you don't want the tires then I will remove them and we can work it out for the wheels and suspension. Should have like 5-10 miles on it haha.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Eternus - you are only allowed sting gray if I decide I want Gator (have to see it in person or at least some real pictures) Can't have too many of the same color in NoCo you know. ;)

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Eternus - you are only allowed sting gray if I decide I want Gator (have to see it in person or at least some real pictures) Can't have too many of the same color in NoCo you know. ;)
I briefly considered throwing Gator into the running, or even Gobi (the Gobi Rubicon from the LA Auto Show looked awesome.)

You should get the Gator, I bet it will come out sooner anyway.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I’m going with Sport S max tow as well. I’m going to shop for Rubi 33” A/T take offs. What do you guys think of adding the Fox 2.0 shocks. I am not a crawler Saw them for a pretty reasonable price. I figure I can test drive a Rubi to see how they compare to stock shocks. I’m going to help my neighbor put a full set of Fox 2.0s on his F250 with around a 4” lift this weekend. He has an impact wrench and said it’s pretty easy.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going with Sport S max tow as well. I’m going to shop for Rubi 33” A/T take offs. What do you guys think of adding the Fox 2.0 shocks. I am not a crawler Saw them for a pretty reasonable price. I figure I can test drive a Rubi to see how they compare to stock shocks. I’m going to help my neighbor put a full set of Fox 2.0s on his F250 with around a 4” lift this weekend. He has an impact wrench and said it’s pretty easy.
Just remember the FOX shocks on the Rubicon were specifically tuned for the Rubicon. You can buy Fox shocks that will work on your sport but they will not ride the same as the Rubicon. If you like the way the Rubicon drives try and buy someones take off to put on yours
Sponsored