Rubicon vs Mojave Input

BLK74

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot, Corvette
It is decision time. I have always been considering the Rubicon or a built Sport S for my needs but starting to have a change of heart.
I live in Northeast Pa where we see a fair bit of snow and ice. I will likely tow a utility trailer with an atv. There is a possibility I may add a snow plow for light residential use if I decide not to get an atv. My concern with the Mojave is the cost of shock replacement out of warranty. Also, how suitable are these shocks for daily driving? It will never see a desert, just Amy w some light trail use. Is the Mojave a reasonable choice? There are a lot more of them than Rubicon’s on dealer lots.
Sponsored

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked if the Mojave shocks are rebuildable? I always look at replacement as a chance to upgrade. Even if you bought a rubicon, you will most likely get the bug and be replacing shocks sooner than they are needing replacing.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you are planning to use your JT as a truck, you may want to stick to your original plan of a Sport S with the Max Tow package.

Mojave is a great truck, but it is designed to run in the desert.

The guys at TFL absolutely love the supple Mojave ride, but found that the softer suspension wasn’t ideal for towing: the rear squatted quite a bit when they hooked a trailer. The truck got it done, but it felt a bit unstable towing on the freeway.

Granted, they were pulling 6,000 lbs at elevation in Colorado. That’s where they do all their towing tests. That’s perhaps more than what you are planning to pull.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It is decision time. I have always been considering the Rubicon or a built Sport S for my needs but starting to have a change of heart.
I live in Northeast Pa where we see a fair bit of snow and ice. I will likely tow a utility trailer with an atv. There is a possibility I may add a snow plow for light residential use if I decide not to get an atv. My concern with the Mojave is the cost of shock replacement out of warranty. Also, how suitable are these shocks for daily driving? It will never see a desert, just Amy w some light trail use. Is the Mojave a reasonable choice? There are a lot more of them than Rubicon’s on dealer lots.
The Mojave has a nice ride and is a great choice for a daily driver. It is not the best choice for towing, and the front shock reservoirs will likely interfere with adding a snow plow. It will be fine for light trail use.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Obvious choice if it were me. Sport S Max Tow all the way. Since your JT will never see desert, why by one designed specifically for that? And you said you will likely tow? Then you want a JT set up to do that the best it can.
Sponsored