Wheel/rim choice?

• Total voters

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Hey anyone know why the upgraded Rubi wheels are an extra $995?? Is it just on looks or is it also a performance/quality deal? Very curious and wondering if I should add that on my purchase?? Also curious to see what others would choose on the poll!
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Mine came with the upgraded wheels. It was an in -stock unit so I didn’t have much choice. You can buy some really nice aftermarket wheels for that $995 if you don’t like the gray ones that come standard. I don’t think the specs are any different between the two

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Mine came with the upgraded wheels. It was an in -stock unit so I didn’t have much choice. You can buy some really nice aftermarket wheels for that $995 if you don’t like the gray ones that come standard. I don’t think the specs are any different between the two
Yep that's what I was figuring too. We will see if anyone else chimes in with anything different.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
And recover some of the capital by selling the stock wheels. I like the black ones, but they overpriced them.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'll never understand the $995 wheel "upgrade." On the JT or the JL. In both cases I prefer the stock one.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't liked any of the Wrangler wheel options for a couple of versions! Switched my 2018 JLU Sahara ones to JK Rubis within a month, was planning on switching my 2018 JLU Rubi ones but ended trading in for the JT. I have the upgraded wheel(bought off truck that way), not the worst, but better than the standard JT Rubi ones......now, I do like the LE wheels! All black!

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
jeep should offer an 8.5 inch wide Mopar wheel with adjusted backspacing/offset instead of another 7.5 inch wide stock wheel for upgrades, then it might be worth doing it.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport S and hated my stock rims so when a set of upgrade Rubicons came up I forked over the $600 a guy wanted for his off his Rubicon when he upgraded to after market. I liked keeping factory where I can and I got my Gladiator for towing more than four wheeling, I think they are the best looking factory rims.
Sponsored