Sponsored

Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper

RTR_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
New to the forum here. I have a Gladiator Overland with Rubicon take-offs. I ordered the RR Arcus Bumper and Smittybilt 10k X2O winch. The winch has the steel cable because the deal was good and I don't do a lot of winching. Am I going to have any issues with this added weight or should I be ok?

I'm wanting to stay mostly stock, so I'm thinking it may need a leveling kit to bring the front up.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Welcome to the forum!

You chose about the lightest weight bumper you could have. The Arcus bumper is a very stout winch plate, with very stout tow hooks, and a super light weight thin metal shell. So the parts that need to be stout are, and the part that doesn't need to be isn't. So I think you chose well. Synthetic rope on the winch would have saved another 30 lbs or so, but the cost is quite high.

I think you did about as good as you could hope for. You will still probably loose a half inch of height in front due to the extra weight. Add a 3/4" spring spacer, and you're back to stock.

OP
OP
RTR_Gladiator

RTR_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Welcome to the forum!

You chose about the lightest weight bumper you could have. The Arcus bumper is a very stout winch plate, with very stout tow hooks, and a super light weight thin metal shell. So the parts that need to be stout are, and the part that doesn't need to be isn't. So I think you chose well. Synthetic rope on the winch would have saved another 30 lbs or so, but the cost is quite high.

I think you did about as good as you could hope for. You will still probably loose a half inch of height in front due to the extra weight. Add a 3/4" spring spacer, and you're back to stock.
Thanks for the feedback!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
That's the bumper/winch combo I've been leaning towards. What deal did you find and any delays in shipping? How much more would synthetic have cost you?

OP
OP
RTR_Gladiator

RTR_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
That's the bumper/winch combo I've been leaning towards. What deal did you find and any delays in shipping? How much more would synthetic have cost you?
Ordered everything from a local shop. Got the winch for $400, I think the synthetic was $150 more. I assume I can just change the steel to synthetic with no issues if I decide I want to go that route.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Ordered everything from a local shop. Got the winch for $400, I think the synthetic was $150 more. I assume I can just change the steel to synthetic with no issues if I decide I want to go that route.
I have a similar setup. Same bumper but the 12k synth version of the winch. I honestly only paid a few more bucks for that version off of amazon in November of last year. I haven't noticed any sag at all in my Rubicon with this combo. I do have a diamondback HD on the bed though so its possible they balance out eachother

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I have a similar setup. Same bumper but the 12k synth version of the winch. I honestly only paid a few more bucks for that version off of amazon in November of last year. I haven't noticed any sag at all in my Rubicon with this combo. I do have a diamondback HD on the bed though so its possible they balance out eachother
Thanks guys, I've had these in my Amazon 'saved' cart for months and just pulled the trigger. Picked the synthetic, but was a $150 upcharge. Should be here Saturday!

OP
OP
RTR_Gladiator

RTR_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Thanks guys, I've had these in my Amazon 'saved' cart for months and just pulled the trigger. Picked the synthetic, but was a $150 upcharge. Should be here Saturday!
I'm still waiting to get mine installed. Just don't have the time to do it myself. I'm not sure if my Overland plastic skid plate will work. I'm thinking I may have to purchase a new skid plate at some point. let me know if anyone has any experience with that?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I'm still waiting to get mine installed. Just don't have the time to do it myself. I'm not sure if my Overland plastic skid plate will work. I'm thinking I may have to purchase a new skid plate at some point. let me know if anyone has any experience with that?
So you have an Air Damn there not a skid plate. I can tell you that my Rubicon skid plate was able to stay in place, so they should be similar positions would be my guess.

Nice thing is if you want a real skid plate you could actually use a rubicon take off.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Thats awesome. Let me know if you have any questions on it. I think you are the one that wanted a similar setup to mine where I hid the soliniod box inside the bumper.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats awesome. Let me know if you have any questions on it. I think you are the one that wanted a similar setup to mine where I hid the soliniod box inside the bumper.
Yep, and you were going to make the brackets for me! ;)

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
OP
OP
RTR_Gladiator

RTR_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So you have an Air Damn there not a skid plate. I can tell you that my Rubicon skid plate was able to stay in place, so they should be similar positions would be my guess.

Nice thing is if you want a real skid plate you could actually use a rubicon take off.
Thanks!

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
So far pretty pleased with my Arcus. It’s one of those bumpers I didn’t like and has really grown on me. Wish the metal was a tad beefier but no biggie. Just wanting the rear bumper to come out now.

7E85D267-C8CB-4293-B0F0-B8447590D1D3.jpeg

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I have the Arcus bumper and a Warn 9.5ti with synthetic line. My front dropped about 1/2 inch. I added the 1 inch puck from the Terraflex level kit to get the 1/2 back and take a little rake out. I have had it for almost a year now and am still happy with it.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumper 20200319_152542
Sponsored