Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to pass this along to anyone running the Rugged Ridge snorkel. Check your inlet at the cowl where the rubber connector slides on for deformation and not sealing. I pulled mine off recently to check a fuse in the fuse box and noticed it had deformed a whole bunch. The next day I ran across someone on Facebook who had encountered the same issue as I did. He informed that Rugged Ridge is aware of it and they are replacing the inlet and adding a metal brace that snaps on to keep it from doing this again. He also mentioned that they are looking into redesigning the inlet to have the brace built in. Once I reached out to them they just needed a picture of the inlet and then they sent me the new inlet and brace right away.

Here’s a side by side of the old deformed one and the new setup. I think the heat may have gotten it since it was fine as of last May when I checked it, but after summer it was like this.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Snorkel PSA 23A3A1B2-2C9C-4181-9A66-A0680A0D87BC
Sponsored

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
Damn, I just installed the amfib snorkel this weekend. I will keep an eye on mine and on this post. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
jwilson2899

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, I just installed the amfib snorkel this weekend. I will keep an eye on mine and on this post. Thanks for the heads up!
If it's still new-ish, I'd recommend reaching out and asking for the spacer/brace and put it in as a preventative measure.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
I have been doing my research on this issue and just ordered the amfib snorkel knowing about this issue. However, in doing my research, I have found over on the wrangler side , that
partclay designed a fix for this problem thru the use of a 3d printer. I ordered the inserts last night and will install the snorkel and inserts over next weekend. I want to say thank you to partclay for this design and fix. (the link is attached)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rugged-ridge-jl-jt-snorkel-kit-installed.40431/page-9

Partclay stated in his post
"The seal look compromised, which could let water in. Plus it seemed likely that it could deform further. Rather than taking up the matter with Rugged Ridge, which would have been a hassle since I'm in Canada, I resolved to fix it on my own.
I designed and 3D printed spacers that fit into these parts and hold the openings close to their original size while also providing support to prevent them from being deformed. This allows the pipe clamps to be tightened very snugly without deforming or compromising the seal. I used four of these spacers, one each end of the long tube that crosses the engine bay, and one in each part that the tube mates to.
I am happy with the result, and have had them installed since late September. Since I haven't had any problems with them yet I thought I may as well share them. The STL file has been uploaded to Cults so that anyone who wants to can print their own now.
You can get the printable 3D model here:
If you don't have a 3D printer yourself you can probably get it printed for $15-$20 a piece from service (there are lots online, just Google it). Or better yet, if you have a buddy who has a printer just buy them a 1kg spool of ABS for $25-$30 and have them do it for you. One spool is more than enough to to do all four parts, with well over half the spool left over."

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
i wish you would have told me that on Saturday evening before i ordered the inserts. :crying:
oh well. my fault. :CWL:

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
i wish you would have told me that on Saturday evening before i ordered the inserts. :crying:
oh well. my fault. :CWL:
Lmk if you need backups or replacements. I might make a FS post for 3D printed services so people know I exist lol

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Milling operator
While messing around with electrical installs and to make things easier I removed the center piece to the rugged ridge snorkel… and this is what I found. Definitely calling them tomorrow to have a replacement sent.

B5D2723D-F904-45EC-B868-0C8EC69AC54D.jpeg

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Milling operator
Lmk if you need backups or replacements. I might make a FS post for 3D printed services so people know I exist lol
I’m guessing it’ll be 2 total inserts unless we’re counting the middle plastic tubing? Like to see about getting a couple of them for myself too.