First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
So I managed to find 3 hours today to mount my new WARN Evo 12s.
I wanted to use the WARN Winch mount, but it was back ordered from my supplier, and they had a Rugged Ridge mount in stock.
I opted to go that rout. IT WAS A MISTAKE. So here's my honest review 5/5 being great 1/5 being terrible.
If you're installing a rugged ridge winch this plate might work well wit their winch. If you have a WARN and a 1/2" off centre doesn't bother
you and cables jammed against the grill are ok, then this mounting option is reasonably priced, and will do the job. But if you're like me,
and want a WARN winch, and you want it centred on the truck and you don't want to spend an extra hour measuring, and drilling.
I would recommend you look at other options

Ease of installation:
OK at best, but they want you to grind out/drill your lower skid plate mounting brackets to make them work 2/5
I honestly feel that the customer should not have to make modifications to the factory parts to make a winch mount
fit.

Winch fitment:
Terrible. I have a WARN Evo, and it was 1/2" to far to the right when facing the vehicle, and the holes are so
far back on the plate that your winch control box and cables are jammed up against the grill. Had to drill a new set of
holes to get the winch further forward, and moved left. Whats worse is these are slated holes, and they are completely
incorrect in location. 1/5

Paint quality:
Painted well, but nothing stellar, powder coat would have been better, but for the price you can't expect much. 3/5

Material Quality:
Decent material, looks like it will handle the load, 1/4" ish material, nice clean bends 4/5

Instruction supplied:
decent instructions easy to follow. 5/5

Does not include fairlead mounting plate for steel bumper, so you need to order that separately
Sponsored