Running Boards, Side Steps, or whatever you call them - Rubicon

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ordered my Rubicon and had been looking for some running board/side steps to install. I was looking at the Go Rhino RB-20s, but I can’t tell if there is something you have to do to mount them on the Rubicon due to the Factory Rock-sliders. I am also OCD, and would like to get a set from a manufacturer who also makes a bed side step. I really like the looks of the @Maximus-3 Rubi Steps, but it does not seem like they make or plan to make a matching set of boards/steps.

I do not want something that hangs down, as I don’t want to lower my clearance in between the tires, and I want something that can work with the factory sliders, or I guess replace them, but that seems to come at a huge premium. I have no interest in steps that are electronic/moveable, and at the end of the list, I would really love if the company made a matching bed step. Any recommendations are appreciated!
Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I went with the Mopar Enhanced rock sliders. They are great and mount solid in the factory holes. They are pricy but make a nice step without looking like a step with added protection.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Most of the “cheaper” options will require removing the rubi rock rails unfortunately.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
OP first off you will not be disappointed in the RB20s. Great choice. I absolutely love mine. Got the bed liner finish personally. They mount up just fine. Remove the rock rails and they bolt right up. 4 brackets per side. 3 bolts per bracket. 2 go horizontally in the pinch seem. The other under the body. I can dm you pics of the brackets and how they mount if you want.
My main reasoning for the RB20s is that I prefer a full length step as opposed to a rock rail or even a drop step. I want to be able to step up anywhere on the side and not just at the doors.

638911BC-6413-4F5D-B9BA-0B8DE56BCE2F.jpeg

DE6CDAD8-AA22-4970-BDA0-B941028E3B74.jpeg

7AAD3D55-1663-4E5B-9AA3-A643B62CB657.jpeg
Sponsored