Sponsored

Running light shenanigans, looking for help

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Ok, 2020 JT here. Came with regular halogen head/fog/running lights (but all LEDs in the back, my wife’s JLU has LEDs front and regular in back smh). Replaced the headlights with Oracle headlights, everything was fine. Replaced the DRLs with Oracle LEDs, everything was fine. Relplced the fogs with Oracle LEDs, everything was fine.

Realized I can run the rings on the fog lights with my DRLs. Pulled the DRL socket out to try it out and see which wire goes to which. Didn’t have wire or splice connectors, just making sure it was gonna work and it did, everything was fine.

3 days later, if I remote start one DRL comes on but not the other, if I get in and start the other comes on but not the one. And just cause me even more grief, every once they both come on.

haven’t cut any wires or unhooked any harnesses. I can switch the DRL bulbs back and forth and it stays the same. Any amateur electricians have any thoughts? Are DRLs even required?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
DRL's are not yet mandatory in the US, but have been included for years for safety reasons. They have been mandatory in Canada since 1990.

Did you have the system updated when the lights were changed to LED? The dealer can do it, or you can do it yourself with a Tazer or one of the other programmers.

OP
OP
chuckfinley79

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
DRL's are not yet mandatory in the US, but have been included for years for safety reasons. They have been mandatory in Canada since 1990.

Did you have the system updated when the lights were changed to LED? The dealer can do it, or you can do it yourself with a Tazer or one of the other programmers.
I didn’t know I had to do an update, but I guess that’s one more reason I need to buy a tazer... :giggle:
Sponsored