Sponsored

Rust proofing my 2021 Gladiator Overland?

Highlands

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
self-employed
I've been researching different methods to rustproof a new vehicle (reading that one product is better than another... which can become overwhelming). I haven't seen any data or proof showing how a specific product successfully prevented rust after 10-years for example. Can anyone recommend a name of a rust-proofing company or application in upstate NY? Thank you in advance for any good advice you're able to share!
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Excited to see how this goes.... I use Fluid Film and recoat whenever I think about it. The advantage there is you can see through it enough to know if it's working. Not sure if it would affect any sensitive bits (rubber hoses, foam?) on the JT's underside, though.

Hoping by the time I buy one all of you will have a fantastic answer for that.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
POR 15, New England Under Coating, East Hartford. It was done on the frame of my old Land Cruiser, zero rust in 5 years in driving it in CT.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Excited to see how this goes.... I use Fluid Film and recoat whenever I think about it. The advantage there is you can see through it enough to know if it's working. Not sure if it would affect any sensitive bits (rubber hoses, foam?) on the JT's underside, though.

Hoping by the time I buy one all of you will have a fantastic answer for that.
FF should not harm any plastic, rubber or similar materials, it has no solvents in it, I have sprayed 4 cans on the undercarriage of my JT and a little under the hood on bare fasteners. You can purchase it at Lowes for $10 a can.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Krown is good stuff as is Fluid Film if you want something more DIY. POR 15 is good for filling the corners and all but I prefer something that can be cleaned off in the summer months.

And yes, rust is clearly no longer an issue for me but POR 15 + Krown worked wonders when I was on the east coast.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I will second the Fluid Film DIY project. I did my JK with recoat once a year and it did amazing job. Only down side is dirt sticks to it. There are some YouTube guy who tested a bunch of brands and FF was the best. Problem with Zbart or other rubber spray is that once it breaks the coating it will rust and you will never know it because it is trapped under the thick layer.

Reactions: Mac

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
wool wax is good too. just do it up yourself if you can. I use a compressor and shutz gun to do do my stuff.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
wool wax is good too. just do it up yourself if you can. I use a compressor and shutz gun to do do my stuff.
Sprayed my gladiator with this stuff as soon as I got it home and it seems to be holding up well. I purchased the wool wax spray gun to do my yearly touchups in the wheel wells.
Jeep Gladiator Rust proofing my 2021 Gladiator Overland? IMG_20210306_152428837

ko15870

First Name
ko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee; 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
System Analyst
I have ziebardt on two of my vehicles that are driven every day of the year. I like it so far. Each year schedule it for a "checkup" and the company will respray anything that needs it. The product is guaranteed for 10 years as long as it is checked yearly.

I'll be putting it on the gladiator when the 22's are available without hesitation. I live in North Central Pennsylania 40 minutes from the New York border. We get bad winters here.

Another product that has a big following around this area is BerkBile PFC.

PFC Undercoating - Berkebile Oil
Sponsored