First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Rusty's LCA's with minimal difficulties and no drilling. First, I read all the posts with tips and how to's on this site. THANKS! What I did was remove the large control arm bolt and push the control arm up and out of the way. I then started with the smallest hole towards the front on the jeep. I used long nose vice grip pliers to hold and get the nut started with the skid hanging down as far as possible. I then tighten that bolt up most of the way. The nut wedges its self so you won't need a wrench to tighten it up the rest of the way. Then, I put the large bolt in. I had to put a jack under the pinion to get it lined up. Lastly, I put the last small nut and bolt in. Again I used the small long nose vise grips to hold the nut. The last suggest that may help others is only push the bolts through the frame/skid a few threads or you cannot get the nut started. It is very tight and a bit of a pain but very doable. I know there are a lot of write ups on this subject but maybe these tips can help others.
Sponsored

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Hopefully this will come in handy when I install mine