Sponsored

Sad but good day, what should I sell for private party?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It’s a sad day, but also in a good way. I’m taking a new job and they are buying me a company truck up to 45k, which means I’m going to sell by gladiator and get a new one on their dime.

Here are the specs of mine:

2020 max tow, 13,000 miles, 5 year 75k bumper to bumper warranty, rubi take off shocks and front springs, iron rock 2” spacer lift, 2019 JL moab rims, 285/75r17 falken wildpeak ATs 11k miles on them w Firestone warranty, grap handles, bar phone mount, grab handle storage, Carolina metal masters mirror set, mopar floor liners w drain, bed soft roll topper, line X bed, LED headlight bulbs, tinted windows on all 4, Redarc brake controller

What should I try and sell for private party? Sticker was 43-44 without all the upgrades.

39-40k?

519729E7-6726-4298-9D1B-B7574979790E.jpeg

41B81662-456C-40B5-A2F8-4E544CE830F4.jpeg
Sponsored

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
That sounds like a good range. You know you could keep it and build a trail or rock crawling rig. I'm just throwing that out there.

I paid 36k for my Gladiator used. 8k miles, 7" radio, soft top, bed liner, soft tonneau cover, cold weather package, safety group, remote start, adaptive cruise control, rubber floor mats, and convenience group.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a good number and you could start negotiations at that. What kind of truck would you replace it with for 45,000?

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
What happens if they terminate your employment? They drive you home and you use Uber?

I would let it sit and use it on the weekends.. accessorize it as it sits.
That’s what I do now as the company has provided me a car for the last 20 years but I have always had my own just in case.. you never know.. can’t happen? Tell that to everyone laid off last year for the China flu

Sponsored

OP
OP
danielspivey

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happens if they terminate your employment? They drive you home and you use Uber?

I would let it sit and use it on the weekends.. accessorize it as it sits.
That’s what I do now as the company has provided me a car for the last 20 years but I have always had my own just in case.. you never know.. can’t happen? Tell that to everyone laid off last year for the China flu
My house is paid for, my wife still works, I have a couple trades under my belt, some are in healthcare, so I’m not worried about finding a job if I need one.

We have two other vehicles so that’s not an issue. I just can’t justify having two gladiators

OP
OP
danielspivey

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a good number and you could start negotiations at that. What kind of truck would you replace it with for 45,000?
Probably a rubi and leave it stock

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Check on craigslist ads, cars.com, kbb.com, or similar platforms to see what others are selling their G for. Add some costs of upgrades. If you are patient, you probably get your asking price due to it having the extended warranty. Good luck!

Maybe your company can just buy it from you??

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
It doesn’t make a ton of logical sense to drop a personal car, especially one that you may be passionate about, simply because the company is issuing you one. Lots of strings attached, especially these days.

If on the other hand you’re bored with your build, heck yeah do it. I probably would. I think attempting to reason it as a sensible move will haunt you ; )

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Keep yours in the garage and use the company gladiator to........moab anyone?

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Sell the aftermarket parts separate and sell it stock.

Bruce

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Why can't your company just pay you for yours? It's in their price range.
I know OP said "buy", but just double checking they aren't leasing. I like the idea of them buying yours out if they'll do it. Otherwise, part the mods and sell! If they buy and it's truly yours, that cash in hand could make for one hell of a build. BTW, if they're buying you a vehicle, I assume there's a lot of required travel for your new role?
Sponsored