Sponsored

Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread)

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
41.22 Inc Hitch Slider in Armor Black, w Locking Hitch Pin.

8676DE6F-4155-44B7-A058-821A69D9E1BC.jpeg

62FDAB18-1603-438C-B60F-99C77CD88FAE.jpeg
That thing is nice, too pretty to get dirty, lmao! Im guessing the price is high.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
That thing is nice, too pretty to get dirty, lmao! Im guessing the price is high.
they are pretty. And a little more expensive than I’d like to have paid. But the precision is on point I must say. Ironically enough I just had to opportunity to use it for the first time this weekend after getting in this situation

5383320D-FE79-43E0-A94D-22B3CFC06BF0.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Finally winch capable with the Mopar 3 piece steel Rubicon bumper. Personal favorite bumper since unlike most it doesn’t take away from the stock look and not all big and bulky. Swapped tow hooks to keep the black out look.

Jeep Gladiator Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread) E6B74C69-B84E-4320-95DA-0733CE049A81

2A9523A6-71FE-4EF7-ACCF-7C76E3ADB7FE.jpeg

5B4BB454-D8DB-4F7F-AA70-9F8FA07E397E.jpeg

Last edited:

ericeize

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladitor Overland
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT Tires 295/70/R18
34.3 x 11.5

Jeep Gladiator Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread) 35387633-A1D1-4728-A03C-1E0EE72E66CC

Jeep Gladiator Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread) 35387633-A1D1-4728-A03C-1E0EE72E66CC
Sarge - Love what you have done with the JT - I'm new to all of this and just got an identical 22 Overland to yours - love the look you have acchieved. Tires are my first must do - going to copy your set up - just wanted to confirm you were able to run the 295's on the stock suspension? Planning on a 1.5 Terrafix at some point , but probably tires first.
Thanks... E

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Sarge - Love what you have done with the JT - I'm new to all of this and just got an identical 22 Overland to yours - love the look you have acchieved. Tires are my first must do - going to copy your set up - just wanted to confirm you were able to run the 295's on the stock suspension? Planning on a 1.5 Terrafix at some point , but probably tires first.
Thanks... E
yes and yes. 295/70/18s on stock wheels and initially stock suspension too. Worked fine then. I have since upgraded to a rubicon suspension (stock and springs) and a teraflex leveling kit. If you check out my vehicle showcase there's some more up to date pics. Not that much has changed visually. The rubicon take offs along with the front level gave me about a 2 inch lift from natural stock form. But even before that, the tires worked fine on stock set up.
I'm eventually going to a full out lift instead of the spacer lift.

ericeize

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladitor Overland
yes and yes. 295/70/18s on stock wheels and initially stock suspension too. Worked fine then. I have since upgraded to a rubicon suspension (stock and springs) and a teraflex leveling kit. If you check out my vehicle showcase there's some more up to date pics. Not that much has changed visually. The rubicon take offs along with the front level gave me about a 2 inch lift from natural stock form. But even before that, the tires worked fine on stock set up.
I'm eventually going to a full out lift instead of the spacer lift.
yeah spent my morning going thru your showcase... very helpful... and damn sweet ride.. hence why im stealing your wheel package... thanks for the info, its a lease so i don't want to go balls to the wall until im sure im going to buy it at the end so simple tires and spacer should get me where I want for now...

thanks again

E

Jclayc

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Couple new shots after the Rubicon suspension added. Probably still going with the Teraflex leveling kit up front especially considering how easy the Rubi suspension install was. Just wanted to see how the Rubi take offs got it sitting first.

How does the Rubicon suspension ride compared to the stock Overland? I've been considering putting takeoff's on mine but my daily drive is 80 miles a day. Bought it primarily as a truck but trail ride every other weekend. Spent Sunday in Daniel Boone Natl Forrest, trying to make my way to the DBBB soon!

OP
OP
Sarge502

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Rubicon suspension ride compared to the stock Overland? I've been considering putting takeoff's on mine but my daily drive is 80 miles a day. Bought it primarily as a truck but trail ride every other weekend. Spent Sunday in Daniel Boone Natl Forrest, trying to make my way to the DBBB soon!
So the Overland stock suspension is great for what it is by all means. If a full out lift is on your to do list soon than for the sake of time, I would just stay with the stock Overland suspension until you get a lift. However, if like me initially, a lift isnt on the radar anytime soon, than I will say the Rubicon suspension (shocks and springs) is a cheap and easy way to get a better suspension for the Overland. Shocks and springs are the only things I added considering all the other components (arms, links, etc) are all the same between the two trims (exact same part numbers). Overall prior to upgrading, I had never taken the Overland stock suspension off-road so I'm only speaking from an on road stand point. Since having the Rubicon suspension for well over a year and a half now, I have take it off-road quite a bit. Redbird, Turkey Bay, and Windrock twice (once as recent as a few weeks ago). It's been great. But just in a sense of comparisons on road I personally noticed a difference. I felt it was maybe slightly stiffer but not in a bad way. As in more control if anything. Besides with the difference in spring ratings, youd get a little lift out of it too compared to the Overlands springs. I got just over a half inch not counting the leveling kit I added.

As of recently I've narrowed down to going with the AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT lift. Was on the fence about it or the Mopar 2inch. But with them constantly raising the price on the Mopar and considering what comes with it I'm over it. Besides the AEV has amazing reviews and looks awesome.

But overall I feel like going with a Rubicon take off suspension on the Overland is a great, easy and cheap way of upgrading the suspension and for me it gave me time to focus on other upgrades. Initially I wasnt even opposed to just keeping it. But in that time I have decided to get a full out lift as mentioned besided the Teraflex spacer lift I current run. But I've well gotten my moneys worth with the take offs and don't feel like it was waste by any means. I'll probably still run this for another 6 months or so, since my next focus is wheels before my lift.

Hope this helps.

Jclayc

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
So the Overland stock suspension is great for what it is by all means. If a full out lift is on your to do list soon than for the sake of time, I would just stay with the stock Overland suspension until you get a lift. However, if like me initially, a lift isnt on the radar anytime soon, than I will say the Rubicon suspension (shocks and springs) is a cheap and easy way to get a better suspension for the Overland. Shocks and springs are the only things I added considering all the other components (arms, links, etc) are all the same between the two trims (exact same part numbers). Overall prior to upgrading, I had never taken the Overland stock suspension off-road so I'm only speaking from an on road stand point. Since having the Rubicon suspension for well over a year and a half now, I have take it off-road quite a bit. Redbird, Turkey Bay, and Windrock twice (once as recent as a few weeks ago). It's been great. But just in a sense of comparisons on road I personally noticed a difference. I felt it was maybe slightly stiffer but not in a bad way. As in more control if anything. Besides with the difference in spring ratings, youd get a little lift out of it too compared to the Overlands springs. I got just over a half inch not counting the leveling kit I added.

As of recently I've narrowed down to going with the AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT lift. Was on the fence about it or the Mopar 2inch. But with them constantly raising the price on the Mopar and considering what comes with it I'm over it. Besides the AEV has amazing reviews and looks awesome.

But overall I feel like going with a Rubicon take off suspension on the Overland is a great, easy and cheap way of upgrading the suspension and for me it gave me time to focus on other upgrades. Initially I wasnt even opposed to just keeping it. But in that time I have decided to get a full out lift as mentioned besided the Teraflex spacer lift I current run. But I've well gotten my moneys worth with the take offs and don't feel like it was waste by any means. I'll probably still run this for another 6 months or so, since my next focus is wheels before my lift.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Sarge! No lift for me in the future as this will stay as my daily. I do take mine out quite a bit, LBL, Big South Fork and Prentice Cooper outside Chattanooga, those are the easiest for me to get to since I'm north of Nashville.

I have the Teraflex leveling kit and wheel spacers on 35's but about to go back to 33's as the ride on the highway is not what I want or need. Off road the stock Overland was not great, low clearance, springs and shock combo not that great either. I've been debating if I wanted to swap and may just wait until I can find a low mileage take off close to home.

I was looking at AEV stuff, they are the reason I have a gladdy. Fell in love with their Brute conversions years ago. Top notch stuff, their pintlers will be my replacement wheels soon.

Thanks for the input!

Sponsored

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
First few simple mods….

RedRock 4x4 Antenna; 13 inch
Mopar All Weather Slush Mats
Homemade Husky Brand Hard Top Hoist

Jeep Gladiator Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread) DA3E95FC-B8C8-4B6E-A7FC-54084ED11DF3

Jeep Gladiator Sarge502: The Practical Overland (Progress Thread) DA3E95FC-B8C8-4B6E-A7FC-54084ED11DF3

Genius!!!! I'm totally doing this in my garage
Sponsored