John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I have had problems with the stupid aux battery since new. Dealers suck and never really fixed it. I have been waiting for an axle for months but have been starting it every few weeks to keep the batteries charged. It has sat for about three weeks and I went to start it, its dead. I mean dead dead. Like something drained everything completely. I put a charger on the main battery and it said it was bad. I tried to recondition and it charged it but probably not enough. I hooked it up to see if anything would work. It would not start, the dash lights came on but it had weird errors like service power steering, vehicle not in park, etc. It would not shut off when I pressed the start button again to turn it off. I got out to disconnect the battery and the wipers started flapping. I ordered a gensis gen 3 battery setup. My question is, does all this make sense if the batteries are toast? Or do yall think I am still gonna have issues when I install these new batteries. It was an impulse buy sort of because I could not find replacements around here anyway and I don't want to mess with this aux battery any longer. I know this is long but, any thoughts?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
A battery maintainer is the best solution if not regularly driving the truck. Periodically starting and running it is not enough to keep the batteries charged.

Low voltage causes weird issues with the computers. You will probably have a bunch of codes to clear after replacing the batteries. A Genesis kit is a good option, but an expensive solution. I got a ACDelco 94R battery from Amazon for $160, and a AUX14 battery from AutoBarn for $110.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
A battery maintainer is the best solution if not regularly driving the truck. Periodically starting and running it is not enough to keep the batteries charged.

Low voltage causes weird issues with the computers. You will probably have a bunch of codes to clear after replacing the batteries. A Genesis kit is a good option, but an expensive solution. I got a ACDelco 94R battery from Amazon for $160, and a AUX14 battery from AutoBarn for $110.
thank you. I figured it was probably low power. i know the genesis is overkill. I don’t trust the aux thing. It’s been a problem since I bought it. I love the truck otherwise.
Sponsored