Not open for further replies.

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey guys has anyone heard of midwest jeeps in Normal, IL?? They came up on google as the most affordable so purchased some trail mirrors. Problem is they sent me a bunk email filled with encryption and the phone number is “disconnected”. Havent seen the charge for the mirrors but still worried ive been hacked. Anyone dealt with these guys?

Www.mwjeep.com
Sponsored

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Hey guys has anyone heard of midwest jeeps in Normal, IL?? They came up on google as the most affordable so purchased some trail mirrors. Problem is they sent me a bunk email filled with encryption and the phone number is “disconnected”. Havent seen the charge for the mirrors but still worried ive been hacked. Anyone dealt with these guys?

Www.mwjeep.com
Unless their office is in the middle of a Meijer store, looks like a scam. I would contact your credit card card company and cancel your card.
Jeep Gladiator Scammed buying Jeep parts?! Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.51.24 PM

Jeep Gladiator Scammed buying Jeep parts?! Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.52.22 PM

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
they also dont come up on reseller ratings..

This kinda thing is why I pretty much exclusively buy with paypal online. I like to have the extra buffer for scammers so my card itself never goes out. And Paypal charges a card so if I have to I can dispute there, but paypal almost always sides with the buyer in anything even remotely questionable.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Have you tried to call them?

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Have you tried to call them?
I Googled the phone number. Comes back to another business in IL not in the same city, but with a matching website look:

Midwest Jeep "Contact Us" page:
Jeep Gladiator Scammed buying Jeep parts?! Midwest

"Axle Hut" "Contact Us" page:
Jeep Gladiator Scammed buying Jeep parts?! Axle Hut

It also came back for some companies in Colorado, but I didn't dig into those and here's one of the "Contact Us" pages:
Jeep Gladiator Scammed buying Jeep parts?! US Clutch

Seems a little fishy.

Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer dude

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer dude

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Yeah, maybe report it to the police or FBI cyber crimes division if you don't hear back. This guy has a lot of websites registered to himself through GoDaddy. They should be able to track him down pretty easily

As for the address, it looks like there's a UPS store in the same plaza and it shares the address with the meijers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yeah i was surprised that google shopping tab gave me the store as an option and because the part number was exact i didnt think twice...i alerted my credit card company so they are keeping an eye on it. Who should
I report this to??

OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Please if anyone can give me a contact to report and shut this guy down it would be greatly appreciated! No word from google.

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
This is the guy who registered this site?
He registered the site, along with several others, years ago. There's still a chance he didn't keep the registration and somebody else registered the site more recently. I'm guessing that given the store location isn't too far from his listed home address, it may still be registered to him. Google images of his house match images he posted of his house on Facebook, so it appears he still lives at that address. The first phone number might be an old phone number, the second one is more up to date

OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
He registered the site, along with several others, years ago. There's still a chance he didn't keep the registration and somebody else registered the site more recently. I'm guessing that given the store location isn't too far from his listed home address, it may still be registered to him. Google images of his house match images he posted of his house on Facebook, so it appears he still lives at that address. The first phone number might be an old phone number, the second one is more up to date
I got him to answer a text but then wouldnt answer my call or email.

OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So I contacted this Jamie guy he has no idea whats going on so either hes full of shit or someone is using his identity to host these sites. Either way Google and the Federal Trade Commission have his digits....meanwhile I have had to freeze my credit card.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I've seen a few sites like this that look questionable, both for auto parts and for gun parts. I decided to try one for gun parts, and although I got the parts, I then also had three fraud attempts on the card I used. They were all blocked. I used a card that I had never used online before and which has these hard two-step authorizations.

OP
OP
Markpod7

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've seen a few sites like this that look questionable, both for auto parts and for gun parts. I decided to try one for gun parts, and although I got the parts, I then also had three fraud attempts on the card I used. They were all blocked. I used a card that I had never used online before and which has these hard two-step authorizations.
Yeah i use Chase and theyre on top of it when it comes to fraudulent charges.
The strange part with this purchase was they never even charged the card. So i assume they are saving the card info for later purchases
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.