Sector shaft brace

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
How many of you have this installed and has it made a difference? I don't have a problem with my steering being loose but there is a lot of wandering especially with gusts of wind. The wandering doesn't seem normal to me as I have owned plenty of Jeep Wranglers and CJs in the past and haven't experienced this. I just want to know if this brace helps with this or just the loose steering. Thank you in advance for any information.
Sponsored

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Track bar came today and brace will be here Monday so installation will take place early next week. My issue is basically what you mentioned so I’m eager to find out. I’ll let you know

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have had borderline DW for about 3000 miles now that I am hoping this brace will help with...I haven't ordered the track bar yet but that will likely be next. I installed the fox stabilizer and that helped with the wander but I'm pretty disappointed that my brand new Jeep has these issues.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
How many of you have this installed and has it made a difference? I don't have a problem with my steering being loose but there is a lot of wandering especially with gusts of wind. The wandering doesn't seem normal to me as I have owned plenty of Jeep Wranglers and CJs in the past and haven't experienced this. I just want to know if this brace helps with this or just the loose steering. Thank you in advance for any information.
I have the brace and will say that it helped smooth out the steering... as for wandering... nope won’t fix it.

77D0FC8A-0CBC-489A-9879-5BB7E396006E.jpeg

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I’ll be installing my lift and then the brace once it arrives. I guess for $200 I’m willing to take the chance.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I have the brace and have noticed no difference but my truck has always driven good. I bought it to beef up the mounting point at the frame and not for any steering issues. Combined with a heavy duty drag link and track bar the combination could improve steering.

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It didn't resolve the dead spot I have - however - the big difference I've noticed is that the Jeep no longer requires constant feedback to track straight. It's made for a much more enjoyable driving experience - for me, it was well worth the money and I only regret not having done it sooner.

OP
OP
furrymurray

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for your responses. I guess I will try it out to see if it helps any. If anything at least it will be beefed up in that area and for $200 I think its worth a try.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for your responses. I guess I will try it out to see if it helps any. If anything at least it will be beefed up in that area and for $200 I think its worth a try.
That’s my thought as well. Bracket came today so I’ll install tomorrow and report back here and the other thread

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I just installed it last night and I noticed an immediate difference from 20mph and up..

I didn't have the dead spot issue that alotnof people have, but this won't solve that as that's internal to the box.
Mine was darty when hitting bumps(all speeds) and required a lot(almost constant) correction when at highway speeds. I didn't realize quite how bad it actually was until it was gone, I had just chalked it up to being a Jeep thing

Now all that darting is gone and the wheel is dead steady on the highway. The wheel feels tighter now in my hand (in a good way)

For the low cost of this I'd say it's 100% worth it

This area should have been beefed up from the factory. I wouldnt be surprised if we eventually see a recall adding a similar brace

Last edited:

Sponsored

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the synergy brace and adjustable track bar today. 98% satisfied with the results/outcome. Tighter steering, less movement and feels more solid on the road. Also want to mention my track was off 1/4” before I started so add that to the equation as well. Gonna play with tire pressure some more (currently 33 psi) and possible toe which is currently 1/8” measured from the center of tire. May consider adjustable lower control arms to get the caster up which is currently at 4.6. Another thing I want to mention is during calm weather it actually handled fine it was mostly unsettled in certain wind and road conditions. Well worth the $425

C4860587-876E-434D-8E19-9232A728E6C6.jpeg

0903036F-DFEA-43E6-9DC7-7F79FEFEC75E.jpeg

OP
OP
furrymurray

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both for your timely responses! I heard exactly what I needed to from both of you. My steering is fine and turns when I want it to, no dead spots or crazy loose feeling. My issue is the constant corrections having to be made because of wind or passing vehicles. I will try this brace out and report back as well to let you all know how it works for me. Thank you again!

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both for your timely responses! I heard exactly what I needed to from both of you. My steering is fine and turns when I want it to, no dead spots or crazy loose feeling. My issue is the constant corrections having to be made because of wind or passing vehicles. I will try this brace out and report back as well to let you all know how it works for me. Thank you again!
If you already know this then ignore my comment. It’s not recommended to add just the brace. If you have the OEM track bar synergy wants you to add a 2” bump stop because the OEM track bar will/may make contact with a portion of the bracket at or near full flex or you can add their adjustable track bar and forego the 2” bump stop. I recommend the track bar route as I believe that added to the overall outcome

OP
OP
furrymurray

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you already know this then ignore my comment. It’s not recommended to add just the brace. If you have the OEM track bar synergy wants you to add a 2” bump stop because the OEM track bar will/may make contact with a portion of the bracket at or near full flex or you can add their adjustable track bar and forego the 2” bump stop. I recommend the track bar route as I believe that added to the overall outcome
Did not know that so thank you for the heads up. I will order the track bar as well.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did not know that so thank you for the heads up. I will order the track bar as well.
Couple tips if you don’t mind, it’s suggested to remove the tire and of course I’m smarter than anyone, if you don’t believe me just ask me. I didn’t do that but wish I would have as I do believe it would have been easier. Also it takes a lot of finagling, tightening and loosening to get all the bolts started/lined up which is why I think removing the tire (like they suggest) makes it easier. Good luck and please reply back on how it drives
Sponsored