Sponsored

Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Soooo...got 4 huge boxes from Road Armor yesterday! I have been so anxious to get these. One down....3 to go...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! E4E6EEB7-ED51-481F-8661-375112748F0F

install is a little challenging for these reasons:

1) as always instructions were incomplete and hard to follow...go figure.
2) could not be installed around the Falcon 3.3 shocks. Had to unbolt they bottom of the shock and rotate it forward to get the liner in its spot. The design of the liner is such that I will need to remove it to remove the shock if necessary. Bummer!
3) the Rock Hard rear bumper wrap around was too long and interfered with the fender install. I opted to cut the bumper to make room. Not too bad and I was able to do it on the vehicle.
4) there is a sheet of SS that is not needed if you are doing fenders and liners. That created a headache since it doesn’t tell you that!

I really like the contrast of the stainless steel in the wheel wells. Some may not, but it is my rig and I’ll do what I want! LOL.:rock:

Other than those things, I am super stoked on how they look. I am sure more things will come up when I do the fronts. Right rear is almost done too...
Sponsored

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I am experimenting with using ceramic coating on the fender liners. The water spots are challenging to get off of the stainless steel. Other than that I installed a smaller black antenna yesterday and got her all bright and shiny!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Not a build update, but used her as a truck again today...even with the trailer fully loaded couldn't even tell it was back there. Super stoked!

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! IMG_3270.JPG

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Just FYI, I found out that the Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel in the color Cherry Gloss is a great match to the Firecracker Red on my JTR! Here is a comparison photo in direct sunlight. I wouldn’t use it for body correction, but for little accents where it isn’t right next to body panels it rocks.
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! DD1EAC3D-8F7E-4F8E-9C0E-A1F9E91C464A

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
5th tire showed up a few days ago and the wheel will be here today. Got to get the spare set up. Didn’t want to order the fifth until I tried out the tire size. Very happy with the setup. Spare will be tied down in the bed. Have an appointment on the 20th for the hide-a-hitch install!

Waiting on the JCR rock rails, exhaust (then I can install the rest of the skid plates), air up/down thingamajig, and cover (so I can take the doors and top off and cover it up).

Still working on the ADD doors. They are coming out pretty sweet. Pics soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
What forum did you run? Build looks great
JK-Adventure. It is defunct now but we had a great group. Lots of fun runs and work parties...at least for the local folks.

And thanks. I am very happy with the progress.

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Oh...I added the fold up license plate bracket.
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! FF962ACD-CE19-431B-A0D5-793AB2CE2846

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! D27A1C1F-0865-4247-94DA-431C9F8D14E3

When it is folded up it is just a hair over the height of the bumper. It will work with the tailgate folder down no problem. :like:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Well a couple things showed up today...got these installed...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! D27A1C1F-0865-4247-94DA-431C9F8D14E3

I don’t care what anyone else thinks! I think they are cool AND they have built in bottle openers...on BOTH SIDES! Now that is cool. I really don’t want pieces of plastic on those corners... these are much more sturdy.

can’t wait to get started on the lift...may jump in this evening...

stay tuned!

I think these taillights look awesome personally

Sponsored

JeepnJam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good -- what size lift did you go with from skyjacker?

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Looking good -- what size lift did you go with from skyjacker?
Thanks Bud. That is the 3.5” lift. I think it rides better now than it did stock. I am very happy.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Whose skid plates did you go with?
Sponsored