GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Used tire fill assist for the first time today and I thought that the horn honked when the tires reached selected PSI. I was surprised that all it does is flash the running lights. How the hell you supposed to see the running lights while you are bent down putting air In the tires?? Did i read something wrong or just dream up that the horn honked? This seems like a smarter idea than flashing some lights you can't even see from the tires.
Are others just getting the flashing lights?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
According to the youtubes, both these videos mention the honk. I wish my JTR had this feature :(

Yeah I thought I watched these a year ago when I bought my JT. It claims the lights will flash when its enabled but my lights never flashed until I got to the desired pressure so either I'm enabling it wrong or my is not working properly.
Hope others have some insight.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Go to settings there is one for select tire fill.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Go to settings there is one for select tire fill.
Did that.
Selected under safety in the menus and then brought up the screen under apps. Selected the pressure I wanted and then went out and started filling the tires. After the second tire hit the Selected pressure the lights started flashing no horn beep. I would have never known if I did not have a passenger inside watching my tire pressure. The lights were no help outside the vehicle.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I have tried mine 3 times now. It worked the first time but I couldn't get it to the next two times. Yes the horn honks when you get to the set pressure. The lights flash to indicate it is activated. Not sure why it didn't work the second two times. I didn't really look into it. It is a cross between a gimmick and a cool feature to me. But it seems they may have made it too complicated to use as I have seen many people have trouble with it.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
My horn honks when I use tire fill assist and it makes me jump every fricken time.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
It honks on mine. But it is very finicky sometimes I activate it and it shuts off and I have let air out past my target psi. When it works it's a really cool feature.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue. It has worked once when I pressure down one of my new tires 36psi but has not worked since.

Mitoni

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Just used it the first time. It's very unclear what's the flashing hazards means, because it didn't start flashing until I'd already been filling the tire for a few seconds. I got the honk on 2 tires, and no honk on the other two, and all 4 overshot the target by 1-2 psi.

Maybe my shop compressor with 120psi regulator on it is too fast for it to register?

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Bringing this back from dead. What years had this feature? I remember seeing this page when I first got my '22 JTRD. Now I can't find it.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have it on my 2020 JTR. It works great. I only use it while airing up. This is how I use it and it works every time. I hook up my air compressor and turn it on with my engine running. Then, I go to settings and turn on the tire fill. Then, I go to the application and select it. The lights should start flashing immediately and the horn will honk for every tire hitting the targeted setting.

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Software Engineer
I guess u need to activate the tire fill alert in settings before you can access & edit

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I guess u need to activate the tire fill alert in settings before you can access & edit
yes, they make it hard to initiate because they do not want the tire fill (honking) going off when you are driving... So, you are always required to complete two steps to turn it on. Turning it on in settings is always required first, or the app. will not be selectable.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
My horn honks when I use tire fill assist and it makes me jump every fricken time.
The first time I hit my head on the fender. I don't jump as bad now, but still makes me jump.
Sponsored