Sponsored

Service Stop/Start System

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
BC6DA1FE-245B-43A0-B882-C871FB846825.jpeg
Just had this pop up while driving today.

“Stop/Start Unavailable, Service Stop/Start System”

Anyone had this pop up? Driving in some light rain today, haven’t hit any big puddle air anything.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
If it doesn't go away with a restart, my first thought would be an issue with the secondary battery.
It didn’t go away immediately after the next restart, though it did go away after a few minutes of driving (after that restart) and remained normal thereafter.

Perhaps that secondary battery needed to charge up a bit?

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Came on once for me and went out on next restart.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
One day i must have forgot to buckle down the left hood latch & it did that because it though the hood was opened.

Sponsored

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Mine worked a few times... then quit working... then that service light has came on and then went off twice on separate occasions. I went on a longer trip almost 2 hours and the start stop worked again for a bit... but hasn’t worked since.

bad battery?

BlazeJT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mine came from the factory like that. Dealership suspected that it was the secondary battery, and that is, in fact, exactly what it was. Replaced the battery, and has not been an issue since.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine worked a few times... then quit working... then that service light has came on and then went off twice on separate occasions. I went on a longer trip almost 2 hours and the start stop worked again for a bit... but hasn’t worked since.

bad battery?
Hi Dylan,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look at your continued concern? We would be happy to add assistance to your dealer visit. Our team is available via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
We've had that happen on several Cherokee's most the time its after washing the vehicle. Tends to go away after a restart or shortly after

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
Bad Battery. This has been a JL issue since 2018.

just had the battery replaced on my ‘18 JLUR at 35k miles for the same issue.

it’s a manufacturer quality issue. I turn off ESS always because I hate it.and the secondary battery still failed. You want to have it replaced before it becomes parasitic to the main battery.

Sponsored

amsobh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Billet Silver
Bought my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 2/20/2020. Have had the whole radio replaced due to non functioning radio a week after purchase. The came the Auto Start/Stop System issues. I have had serviced a few times and they have replaced the batteries, etc. Then again last week the issue reoccured with the Servicthe Auto Start/Stop system and the Jeep service center at the local dealership is going to create a "STAR Case". Something about the engine not reaching the right temperature which may be causing the Auto Start/Stop system to be disabled but they arent sure. They dont want to keep replacing the batteries and send me off. In a rental but really just want my Jeep back and working.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Mine has been on since I purchased my JT (going on two weeks). Dealer messed around with the battery couldn't really see what he was doing and it was still on. I told him I never planned on leaving it on anyway, asked if it would mess anything up and he stated it wouldn't. Should I be concerned or just let it be?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been on since I purchased my JT (going on two weeks). Dealer messed around with the battery couldn't really see what he was doing and it was still on. I told him I never planned on leaving it on anyway, asked if it would mess anything up and he stated it wouldn't. Should I be concerned or just let it be?
The ESS system monitors a lot of functions. If it doesn't become ready, there is an underlying issue that needs repair. Many times it is the secondary battery. It could also be a bad sensor or switch, or even a defective thermostat that keeps the engine from getting up to the required temperature.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Bought my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 2/20/2020. Have had the whole radio replaced due to non functioning radio a week after purchase. The came the Auto Start/Stop System issues. I have had serviced a few times and they have replaced the batteries, etc. Then again last week the issue reoccured with the Servicthe Auto Start/Stop system and the Jeep service center at the local dealership is going to create a "STAR Case". Something about the engine not reaching the right temperature which may be causing the Auto Start/Stop system to be disabled but they arent sure. They dont want to keep replacing the batteries and send me off. In a rental but really just want my Jeep back and working.
@amsobh
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this trouble with your Gladiator. If you would like us to look into this further for you, feel free to send our team your VIN in a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm having the same issue. I will just wait until I take the Gladiator in for the first oil change. I have two recalls that need attention as well.
Sponsored